New boiler needed

Violeta

Please could you recommend someone for a new boiler plus fitting? My really old one is playing up and don't want to spend anymore money to fix it. Last time(November) the plumber charged me ?400 and still wasn't sure it's going to work.

Thank you.

Ask Paul for a quote, he always does my work now because I've been stung a few times by plumbers, they seem to think they can print money. But Paul hasn't let me down and he doesn't charge a call out either. I rent a few property's out and I just send him now and he always turns up on time and keeps the tennants happy. Try him on 07974-755732. Hope he can help you, you can trust him to tell you if you need a new boiler or not anyway.

Hi

I strongly recommend or at least getting a quote of Garvey plumbing, they fitted our new heating system and swapped our boiler in our rented flat, ther promised to beat any price locally and I received all gas warranty a and certificates as I should of.. They advised me on the best options and upon quote advised me of all legal requirements whoever installed it must abide by, we are just off rye lane so if you would like to pop in at anytime and see their work you can.

Good luck and be safe, we came across many chancers when we looked for a gas safe engineer.

Would recommend John Powers - 07977909339

Fitted a new boiler and radiators for me on Saturday and did a great job, I left them to it during the day and came back to a very well tidied house, everything working and set up for me which was a welcome surprise given my past experience when having work done in my house.

I have had John Powers round to look at my boiler last week and this morning. He was incredibly friendly, professional and prompt on both visits. And most importantly he and Dan did a great job. It is so very difficult (as I have found at considerable cost) to find a trustworthy and reasonably priced plumber, particularly if like me, you don't know the slightest thing when it comes to boilers and the like. It is so easy to be fleeced. I can highly, highly recommend John. He will deal professionally with your boiler/plumbing issues and give you reasonable rates. You can get him on 07977909339.

Another recommendation for John Powers from me too! After another plumber serviced our boiler we discovered the pressure kept dropping causing the heating to go off (within an hour of the service). The original plumber came back but failed to fix the problem, saying he was worried he'd damage the boiler. After a call to John (who I found on the EDF) he came round the same evening to diagnose the problem, then came back a couple of days later to fix it. Having despaired of finding a plumber who's actually good at boiler servicing (several previous services have caused a variety of problems) it's a relief to finally find someone who really knows his stuff. He also has a very friendly manner and can do attitude. The bill was very fair and we'd have no hesitation in using him again. His number is 07977 909339.

I would recommend Rob Parsons - this is his web site. I had him in to do a few jobs recently including servicing my elderly boiler. I asked him how much life it had left in it and he didn't try to rip me off by pretending it was on its last legs and persuade me to replace, which means when it eventually packs up I will trust him to come back and put a new one in.

http://robparsonsplumbingandheating.com/2011/11/26/rob-parsons-plumbing-heating/

Yet another shout for John Powers 07977 909 339. My insurance company (Swinton) gave up trying to find someone 22 hours after my 'emergency' call about the boiler breaking down and 'authorised' me to find someone myself. Came on this list, saw the good references for John - he came within 2 hours, diagnosed the problem in minutes, made a temporary fix and ordered the part, which he came and fitted the next day. Good rates, nice man.

Yes - highly recommend John and his boys (Dan and Craig). More than decent quote and some of the nicest people I have ever met. Even managed to diagnose a problem over the phone - amazing! Used John after being let down by another seemingly highly regarded plumber and gas fitter on this forum... and so glad I did.

Great work and wonderful to deal with. Will be using again and again (sorry John - you've got me for good!)

Another recommendation for John Powers. He has just done a boiler service for me and was all in all a thoroughly lovely bloke. I wouldn't hesitate to use him again. Prices seemed reasonable too. Thanks EDF for pointing me in his direction!

Hi all - another recommendation for John Powers and his guys. We called them for the first time today. Craig came round today and sorted 1) broken shower handle 2) leaky radiator 3) boiler losing pressure. He fixed them all in about 20 minutes! Polite, professional work - 07977909339 - well worth a call.

I have just posted a recommendation for John Powers on another message. I read lots of positive EDF reviews for him last year and got him to install a new boiler for me last May. John and Dan did an excellent job. Craig came over yesterday to fix a problem radiator valve. Excellent service on both occasions, they are always very professional and conscientious, just how you want your tradesmen to be.

• 1 month later...

Archived