Travelling to and from Kingsdale (Peckham Rye)

akc74

I'm interested in understanding the preferred methods of transport, particularly in Yr 7 from kids living at the Peckham Rye end of East Dulwich.

For now my son is signed up to the school bus, which seems to work quite well in the morning. After school you seem to have sit and wait for 30-40 minutes before it leaves, though.

Cycling seems the way forward, I think we need to build his confidence a bit and then aim to switch to that.

Thanks in advance for any experiences.

One of mine has always cycled, meeting up with a group of her friends at the library before heading across the park. The other originally took the P13, then the 363/Rock Hill route. Since Covid she?s been walking, which takes about the same time as the bus.

Cycling?s definitely quickest, and with pannier bags or a basket they?re not lugging their bags quite as far which I?m sure is better for their backs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Hi, unfortunately not our Nibbler but thank you for checking !
    • Canvas and Cream in Forest Hill is one of the best places convenient for SE22, a number of buses go there and for those further afield great train/tube connections.  You can go for a stroll in Horniman Gardens afterwards, others can say whether their cafe competes with C&C, particularly now it is under new management.
    • So, it will be left to rot? I’d like it to be removed after a week or so. Give me nature over plastic gaudiness any day. 
    • One Dulwich   Campaign Update | 19 May Survey shows overwhelming opposition to LTNs Ahead of the LTNs debate in parliament on Monday 20 May at 4.30 pm – triggered by petitions asking for a review of LTNs, and for Blue Badge holders to be exempt from LTNs – the Petitions Committee has published the results of an online survey.  There were 7,349 responses. 78% of all respondents, and 78% of people with physical and mental health issues, say that LTNs have had a ‘negative’ or ‘very negative’ impact on them. 91% of businesses said the same. 74% consider LTNs have had a negative impact on the environment. You can read the full report here. No reply from MP Helen Hayes We have had no response from MP Helen Hayes to our email of 2 May, asking if she will take part in the debate on Monday to represent the two-thirds majority of people living and working in Dulwich who asked for the LTNs to be reconsidered in Southwark Council’s 2021 consultation.  We also asked if she would speak up for the many Blue Badge holders who have petitioned the Council for access through the Dulwich Village junction. We hope her lack of response does not mean she is ignoring her constituents on this issue. You can see if she attends the debate on Monday by watching it live here. Thank you for your support. The One Dulwich Team
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In