CCTV on Lordship lane?

KH

I?ve just watched a car scrape the back of my van as I was parked in a bay on lordship Lane opposite Chener Books/TruePenny's estate agents.

I was in such shock I was too slow to note down the license plate, and a van then pulled up after it, blocking my view.

Does anyone know if there is CCTV that might capture that stretch of the road/the parking bays?

Thank you.

According to the council (and the police) there is no CCTV on Lordship lane. TFL have cameras that only record real time for traffic flow so will not have any recording. You could try local businesses with their CCTv - tho this is usually restricted to outside pavement only so unlikely to project as far as the kerb/road. Totally sympathise.

I think Ulez is quite different to any other recording - there is no manpower to check for infringement even if you have the time and date. So frustrating- we had a personal car crime and i suggested to the police that I would personally sit thru any cctv to save them the trouble (I am dbs checked) and they told me there is no recording available.

CPR Dave Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does that mean there are no ULEZ cameras on

> Lordship Lane too

Are those cameras solely at the ULEZ boundary - so the junction with Dulwich Common for example?

That can't be the case, surely, otherwise if you are already parked within the ULEZ zone you won't be picked up and charged unless you drive out of it.

KH Wrote:

> CPR Dave Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Does that mean there are no ULEZ cameras on

> > Lordship Lane too

>

>

> Are those cameras solely at the ULEZ boundary - so

> the junction with Dulwich Common for example?

P3girl Wrote:

> sandyman Wrote:

> -----

> > That can't be the case, surely, otherwise if

> you

> > are already parked within the ULEZ zone you

> won't

> > be picked up and charged unless you drive out

> of

> > it.

> >

> >

> There will be 750 cameras and some will be within

> the ULEZ area. not just on the borders. We do not

> know where they are located yet but a couple of

> excerpts from the TFL web site appear relevant:-

>

> Quote...

> Even if you make a short trip in the zone using a

> vehicle that doesn't meet the ULEZ emissions

> standards, you need to pay the daily change.

> However. if you are parked within the zone but

> don't drive, you don't need to pay the ULEZ

> charge

>

> Unquote

>

> Well, after all it is a revenue stream.

Interesting. I guess all will be revealed next week!

They use the same cameras for different types of enforcement as I understand it. So there aren't specific 'ULEZ' cameras, just TFL ones. A map of all the locations is here: https://londonist.com/london/transport/an-interactive-live-traffic-map-of-london

It looks like we need more in the area if they're going to effectively cut down on short, local journey's in the most polluting vehicles.

Angelina Wrote:

> It is a revenue stream but TFL are not a profit

> organisation so all revenue is fed back in to

> improve transport around London (eg new Bakerloo

> line).

> While people may feel heavily inconvenienced, car

> pollution is a real problem.

Yep, it?s a positive move imo

Build a guided bus system, or the new kind of tramlines that are "glued" down and so less expensive, or trolleybuses to fill the gap provided by the rolling back on teh Bakerloo extension. Money would be saved but there wouldn't be any investment in housing, etc. that often goes alongside Tube expansion.

Hi KH, What rotten bad luck.

I presume you're asking if ay of the businesses around that section of Lordship Lane have CCTV cameras - I think you'd need to visit the businesses and ask them.

KH Wrote:

> I?ve just watched a car scrape the back of my van

> as I was parked in a bay on lordship Lane opposite

> Chener Books/TruePenny's estate agents.

> I was in such shock I was too slow to note down

> the license plate, and a van then pulled up after

> it, blocking my view.

>

> Does anyone know if there is CCTV that might

> capture that stretch of the road/the parking bays?

>

>

> Thank you.

Thanks James. I had messaged a couple of shops directly opposite, but they who weren't able to help. But good idea to walk down the lane and see who else might have a camera that may have captured the road.

Thanks.

James Barber Wrote:

> Hi KH, What rotten bad luck.

> I presume you're asking if ay of the businesses

> around that section of Lordship Lane have CCTV

> cameras - I think you'd need to visit the

> businesses and ask them.

>

> KH Wrote:

> -----

> > I?ve just watched a car scrape the back of my

> van

> > as I was parked in a bay on lordship Lane

> opposite

> > Chener Books/TruePenny's estate agents.

> > I was in such shock I was too slow to note down

> > the license plate, and a van then pulled up

> after

> > it, blocking my view.

> >

> > Does anyone know if there is CCTV that might

> > capture that stretch of the road/the parking

> bays?

> >

> >

> > Thank you.

Thanks for that - will do.

worldwiser Wrote:

> There?s a remote camera high up on a post outside

> the Foxtons on the corner of Crawthew shrine. Not

> sure who owns it, but worth finding out..