Which is the best place to go in the Greek Islands

Sol

Hi, I am looking for advice from people who have visited the Greek Islands; I am going with my husabn for 10 days maybe 2 weeks. We would like to go to Athens for 2 or 3 nights and then to one of the Islands or two or visit more; What's the best place to go? I do like Sandy beaches, but don't mind if we visit some rocky ones. What is it like in terms of accomodations.

Thank you

hi i' m greek so i d like to think I can help you on this one... :)

If you were going for 10 days - 2 weeks I would definitely suggest visiting a couple of island at least.

my best suggestion would be to visit a cyclades islands. There is a boat that stops off to all islands. If you googgle it you will see the specific islands. Mylos (never been) is famous for its lovely sandy beaches, hopefully my next destination. Paros also is a pretty island to visit and so is Mykonos, although it is very popular and very expensive. Santorini does have beaches on the south east of the island however nothing special due to the volcanic pebble. I could not recommend enough visiting this island though (west side) for its breathtaking views!

If you wanted to stay close to the mainland and particularly to athens you can always pop over (quickly) to Ydra and Spetses. They are nice and local. Spetses is quite small but nevertheless a beautiful island.

I hope this helps.

Great! Thank you so much for the advice; there is lots of information on the Internet that makes difficult to choose; it is always better to get advice from people who has been there

Sorry going to highjack this post - anyone got advice re. mainland greece in easy reach of Athens or Kalamata with toddler in tow - not looking for kiddies clubs etc but nice villa walking distance from village, local beach etc

Thanks

Susan

Oh, I've been dreaming of the greek isles for the last few years but haven't been able to afford it as yet. I have deeply fond memories of Skopelos from childhood, they have never left me, I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could. One of THE best greek isles by far. Such friendly people and the food is out of this world!! Definitely worth a visit. I still have a lot of greek islands on my 'hit list' a lot are worth a visit in my opinion.

Hi i am from Santorini and if you want to see the most amazing sunset you have to go there !

Another choice and something that a lot of people dont know is Agistri island , only

one hour from piraeus port with ferry .Agistri is a paradise ,beautiful sandy beach !

Aw, this makes me want to go there! Love the Cyclades trip that mum2besoon mentioned, but I also love Western Crete. Chania is a beautiful Venetian-style port with loads of great food and there are lots of great beach resorts round there.

It looks like it is definitely a good choice to celebrate my birthday; all I need now is my mum to come and look after the children; I can't wait for a sunny/beach break just for the two of us.