Plot of No Time to Die and antivax

Moovart

His DB5 has died many a time, but always managed to come back to life. I think he also wrecked a number of Lotus Espirits in the Spy who Loved me, something to do with driving them in water.

There is of course a special place in heaven for the Bond lead actors.

SpringTime Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Angelina Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > James Bond dies?

>

>

> Don't worry. She'll be back. And then even less

> people will watch.

Grow up.

diable rouge Wrote:

> It works for a non-gender-specific character such

> as Doctor Who, but I'm not convinced simply

> swapping a well known male character like James

> Bond for a female is that forward thinking, far

> better to come up with an original female

> character rather than tagging onto an existing

> male one...

Yep

TheCat Wrote:

> Exactly.

>

> Think how successful Bridesmaids was.

>

> Think how unsuccessful the female Ghostbusters

> film was.

The female Ghostbusters movie failed for a number of reasons, not least of which it was a bad, bad movie. Good example of assuming that the basic franchise can succeed regardless of changes. The original is a great film, a very hard act to follow, and it didn?t help that they wrote a terrible script. The massive online hate-filled misogynistic campaign against it had nothing to do with the fact that it wasn?t a good film, however much those trolls may have claimed otherwise.

I?ll agree Diablo makes an interesting point but personally I?m unconvinced by the argument in the case of Bond. TBF I?ve never been a huge fan of the franchise, so possibly I?m biased because I?d be interested to see if a female Bond could bring something to the vibe. Other people just don?t like the idea of a woman in a role that they see as the preserve of a man and generally speaking I?m suspicious of that viewpoint. There?s plenty of examples of that these days.

"the original is a great film"

to my surprise, a recent rewatch has made me rethink this. I've always loved the movie, saw it at time of released and rewatched many times for a good few years after

But these days - not sure it stands up

Apart from that, I'm in agreement with your viewpoints.

j.a. Wrote:

----------------------------------------------------. Other people just don?t

> like the idea of a woman in a role that they see

> as the preserve of a man and generally speaking

> I?m suspicious of that viewpoint. There?s plenty

> of examples of that these days.

I don't know if much objection would be about the role being the 'preserve' of a man. More that James Bond is a male character..it was written as a male character from conception. So it just seems unnecessarily gimmicky to have a 'female bond'.

By all means, create a story about a female super spy, who loves to seduce and discard a conveyor belt of men (or women, or whoever, depending on her preference!)...I see absolutley no problem with that...you could even put that character into a film with James Bond also in it if you really wanted to.

But it does seem like much of the push to change a male character into a female character has more to do with making a cultural point about equality, than actually about improving the character or potential storylines...as the laziness with the screenwriting on female Ghostbusters or female oceans eleven would seem to attest...

Perhaps making the cultural point is what some people want out of the film industry, in which case, fair enough. But I'd assume that most people just want to be entertained irrespective of what gender the characters are...