New (to East Dulwich) (lounged)

cannonni

Hi everyone in East Dulwich.

I am 25 and have just moved to the area and do not know anyone here and I was hoping to seek some advice on what activities happen in East Dulwich that would give me the oppertunity to meet new people.

I would also like to meet some people that would make good fitness partners, I have got very unfit in the few months that I have been living here as I no longer have a personal trainer or my friends from back home to motivate me.

Look forward to hearing from some of you and hopefully meet some new people.

Nina X X X X

cannoni

You missed out on a great evening by just 2 days - about 30-40 forumites met up for a monthly drinks on Friday - so the next one of those will happen early May

before then a few of us go to a regular comedy night at the EDT

Other times we meet at the Open Mic night at the Plough

Various other happenings get advertised on here - just dive in and come along

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> cannoni

>

> You missed out on a great evening by just 2 days -

> about 30-40 forumites met up for a monthly drinks

> on Friday - so the next one of those will happen

> early May

>

Seemed like way more than 30-40 to me!

Hi

I am also 25 and I moved to the area in October. I really like living in East Dulwich, but I was just saying to a friend that I dont know anyone in East Dulwich so I should really make the effort to meet new people.

I had to give up playing netball as I started a night course on Monday and Wednesdays so would be interested in joining a sports club in East Dulwich either on Tuesday and Thursdays or even Saturday mornings.

Is anyone allowed to come to the monthly forum drinks?

Gemma

Hello and welcome Cannonni and GemmaT (we are not related)

Any forumites are most welcome to the drinks every month.

The most economical sports club is at Goose Green about ?40 pcm it is run by Fusion who also have a place at harris school and peckham pulse in melon rd.

I wish you well 'pulling'.

Nina & Gemma,

I am nearly 25 (in June) and also would love to make new friends in ED, I have been a bit slack in meeting new people locally, we moved here in July. Sadly I am rubbish at sporting activities like netball, although quite good at the glass of wine afterwards!

I am also new to the forum which has been the domain of Mister Hannah6_6 (also david_carnell) for a while, he went to his first drinks on Friday and had a lovely time, seems to be a brilliant way of meeting people. As far as I understand anyone can go.

Wow there are so many lovely helpful people on here. Its great.

How do you know who is who at these monthly drinks, with so many people it must be difucult to identify the people that you have been talking to?

Hey GemmaT or anyone else for that matter. If you fancy meetiong before the big monthly event that would be cool.

My Name is Nina by the way, I feel that I should post a picture or something, there is something slightly odd about talking to people you can not see and have never seen.

if people are that keen it's worth pointing out that a fair few regulars on the forum go to the Plough to see Keef play at the open-mic night - next one is this coming Friday for example. I'm likely to be there and there are usually half a dozen or so regular forumites + a full pub anyway. It's a good night with some great music so just come along

If you are lilkely to come but worried about how to introduce yourself or recognize us don't worry we can sort that out

Hi there!

I only discovered the forum a couple of months ago and have been lurking shyly ever since, but I just checked out the forum drinks pics in the Lounge and I have to say I am tempted to come along next time - you look like a fun bunch!

Blue