Taken Amazon delivery (three boxes) on Landcroft road

Dear EDF, an Amazon delivery man put three boxes by the side of the bay window this morning (I asked him to from the window of my property) as I couldn't come out immediately. They must have been there two hours (I saw him place them in the location) and they are now gone.

Has anyone seen anything suspicious? - they are christmas gifts for my family. Please message me directly if you know of anything.

Many thanks,

Kathryn

Sorry to hear that Kathryn. There's a lot of it going on at present.

Down my street an Amazon delivery man even had his van stolen whilst he was at a neighbour's door! He ran down the street chasing it, but to no avail!!

Have to ask though, why would you leave the 3 boxes outside by the bay window for 2 hours after you saw the Delivery Man drop them off?

Society has for a long time been gradually disintegrating? now it has seeped into the leafy streets of ED.

The stupidity of the ?smartphone?, social media, online ordering of drugs & mentally ill equality agenda (suffocating out any actual REAL issues affecting all).

Whole delivery van nicked?!?

9 thefts?

Something is wrong. Really really wrong. I?m not sure our writing about it on EDF is going to cut it to address this. Maybe the EDF is part of the problem as a easy option against real action. Where is the response here from the local police command? Or what about all those PCSOs who are meant to walk beats & ?liaise/interact with the community?? London Assembly member? Crime commissioner? London Mayor? Borough mayor? Hello?!?

Or you lot just take all our money, have no accountability, get a nice pension paid by us & that?s that?

😠

cidolphus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Porch Piracy does seem to be on the increase. As a

> WFH small e-commerce business we get frequent

> deliveries so decided to make a secure parcel

> delivery box cubbie.

> Made it out of wood with a swing door. Located it

> next to where the wheelie bins are and has

> dimensions that are slightly bigger than a 200

> litre wheelie bin. Has a mid-level shelf that is

> hingedthat can be raised to allow really big

> parcels. Door is secured by a combination lock

> that is left unlocked. Courier places the parcel

> inside and spins the numbers to lock. Works a

> treat and ,apart from the cost of the door hinges,

> didnt cost much.

Great idea, but what happens if a second or third courier arrives before you have removed the first courier's parcel/s?!

I can't endorse this company or vouch for the product (as I haven't personally tried it) but I was recommended this product which allows couriers to leave deliveries in a secure box outside your house. It also has a mechanism to allow subsequent deliveries.

Might be worth a look if you get lots of deliveries whilst you are out.

https://www.iparcelbox.com/

You are just attracting attention to desperate thieves with a lockbox, who will be deliriously salivatingimagining what will be inside by occupant demonstrating they are not in the house for long periods!!!

Have you seen what happens with ?secure? cash machines bolted into brick walls?

Thieves steal a JCB and pull the whole thing out.

NOT A SMART ARSE COMMENT THEY DID JUST THAT 2 YEARS AGO AT FOREST HILL TRAIN STATION JUST DOWN THE ROAD FROM ED! In the centre of high street. At train station awash with cctv, with three council cctv cameras right opposite.

Brideshead Wrote:

> You are just attracting attention to desperate

> thieves with a lockbox, who will be deliriously

> salivating imagining what will be inside by

> occupant demonstrating they are not in the house

> for long periods!!!

Unfortunately they'll very quickly realise its mainly tat.

I order expensive stuff but it is always handed to me - and I'll track it if I can (although the tracking recently is awful).

So thats why h follow tracking amazon tells u day of delivery and time slot if prime even if not prime member still a date.

Trackable

U can change delivery at order section to date of your choice hence avoiding it left outside to be stolen

Whole van gone they guy should locked it ours in Dulwich used use a pulsatile trolley lock van alarm.on no theft van

Or pay bit have delivered to co op amazon locker Morrisson amazon locker we used that function alot when at work obviously only for smallish parcels.

Collect plus shops also receive larger items small fee at checkout on amazon.

fleur201 Wrote:

> I?ve had over 100? worth of stuff taken. Parcel

> left at my front porch. Feeling gutted.

What's the legal position these days? I was close to ordering something yesterday and the delivery info said that they will only re-ship if the courier confirms that the item was lost in transit. Since the start of the pandemic, it seems acceptable for "proof of delivery" to be an X in the signature space or a photo of the item outside your front door. So if I haven't authorised a safe-space delivery and an item goes missing, who is responsible for the cost and replacement?