Vicious cat attacking male cats Bellenden and surrounds

Hi e.d

I just want to ask if anyone is having a problem on Bellenden road with their cats being viciously attacked. my cat has been roaming around the gardens for years and has had the odd scrape, but in the last six months it seems to be getting worse. The last two weeks have seen his face ripped to shreds and I am having to keep him in which is driving Him insane, and v upsetting.

I have seen a large ginger cat attack him and have heard that people on Ivanhoe road are having the same problem. Do you or anyone you know own a large ginger un neutered Tom if so pls get in touch as he is out of control and I'm pretty sure he is the culprit.

This may sound funny to people who are not cat owners but its a real problem, for me and other local feline lovers.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated as I don't know how much longer I can keep my cat in.

Thanks

B

Hi benners

This sounds awful, I'd be horrified if something like this happened to my cat.

The only advice I can offer is to call all of the rescues, not just Celia Hammond and/or Battersea. You could try Blue Cross, Cats Protection League, RSPCA Southeast,(they post on here so maybe you could PM them or reply to one of their threads). You could try popping into Celia Hammond on a Saturday or something to speak to someone as I know they can't always answer the phone. Maybe one of these charities could offer some advice to help you trap the cat and neuter it for you.

Also, could you try calling the council? They may be able to give some advice.

Good luck, I hope you get somewhere with this.

Poor boy, are those slash marks across his eyes?

Last year, the feral tom my young neutered male used to hero worship turned up with a tooth hanging out of his face which must have been enormously painful. I called Celia Hammonds to see if they could help and they were really good and dropped off a trap Once I'd caught him, they came to pick him up so they could deal with his injury, give him a general health check and get him neutered at the same time. The agreement was he'd be dropped back and released back into my garden. He'd been sort of adopted by a few people in the street so was getting fed but he was too wild to bring indoors had anyone wanted to. They were very helpful. If you think he's a stray/feral, you could perhaps have a word with them to see if they would be prepared to neuter him.

Really feeling for your cat and you, what a stressful time for you both.

I second what The Minkey says. See if Celia Hammond's can do a neuter and return. An neutered male is far less likely to fight and have territory battles. It will also reduce the population of unwanted pregnancies and it happening all over again.

They will talk through the best procedure to capture the cat and offer assistance.

You may want to try Feliway as well to calm your cat. It's not cheap and doesn't work on all cats but have a look into it. I have used it with success but make sure you put it in a room where your cat spends most of its time.

Good luck.

We live near Bellenden Road and we did have a problem with a large un neutered ginger male but I haven't seen him now for several months. He used to force himself on our neighbours female and was aggressive towards our old cat (who has now passed away - unrelated to this) including forcing his way into the catflap and spraying in the house. I don't know if he has stopped coming because the neighbours got their cat spayed and we lost our cat or that he had met a sticky end.

We have adopted another cat now from Celia Hammond. When they came around to do our home visit, they told us if we saw the cat again, they would be very happy to come out, trap it, neuter it and return it. I have the person's name and I will PM you with it.

Loz Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So when cats kill the local birdlife cat owners

> say 'that's just nature'. But when cats beat each

> other up then we must step in and stop nature

> taking its course?

My cats have bells on their collars so no dead birds or rodents on my doorstep :-)

Mands Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My cats dont kill birdlife either!

Nor mine. I quite often though find mouse/parts strewn around the garden but I don't think it has got anything to do my 2 little fluffy muffins :)