Appeal for local support: Aquarius Festival 2013

Hi everyone!

As many of you know, this is the 4th year that we've held a live music festival at Aquarius Golf club, one of the coolest locations in London. As those of you who attend the festival know, it costs next to nothing for adults to get in and enjoy 20 or so live performances on 2 stages. I have attached a running order for this year's event, which just demonstrates what a feast of music of all genres we are providing, for the local community to enjoy, in a safe, secure and quite stunning environment.

This is a simple call for help that involves no additional cost or intrusion. As a part of our fund-raisng for Aquarius Festival this year, we have approached a number of estate agents in East Dulwich. We have secured a quite wonderful offer of support from one of them, and wish to reward them for their incredible support with a show of support from the local community, by displaying boards outside your homes for a few weeks ahead of the festival, to show your support for the day, and for local live music.

The boards would go up at the beginning of August, and the festival is at the end of August, on Saturday 31st.

Are there any Aquarius Festival (or live music) fans out there who would volunteer to have a board outside their house for just a month?

The greater the response to this, the better, as we'll be promoting the festival collectively, across the area.

At the end of the day your support will be entirely free, and non-intrusive, but would also be helping to raise the funds and awareness that we need to keep Aquarius Festival running as the Biggest Little Festival in London.

For security/privacy sake, if you are able to join in the fun, please PM me with your address, so I can pass it on to the 'winning' estate agent. But also, if you're in, please leave the message 'I'm in' on this thread. That will keep it fizzing at the top of this area on the forum.

I know East Dulwich is full of music lovers and live music supporters, as well as many of the amazing artists that we bring to the community at Aquarius Festival, and I really hope you will all show your support by joining in this cause.

Thank you, in anticipation of your ongoing support!!

Peace & Love

Brian

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> second post - was that meant to be logged in under

> another name?

No. I'm just setting an example. I'll definitely have a board outside the house if it helps to bring some local investment to the Aquarius festival.

That was not the Festival, but a kind of 'benefit' gig.

All of those bands, plus another 4 or so will be performing on Festival day, which is on August 31st.

So can you jump in and have a board, or not? It is non-intrusive, costs you absolutely nothing, and will help with funding.

Brian

ironjawcannon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The "What's on " section explained clearly thanks.

> Sounds good.....

Thanks to everyone showing support so far.

The festival is such a great community event, I would love to see more people stepping up.

What harm will a board outside your house that advertises the festival do? None at all.

What good will it do? Bring substantial funding from a local estate agent into the festival. More funding = a better event for everyone!!!

It's a chance for the gentlefolk of East Dulwich to really show how much they support live music.

The more, the better. Simple as that.

Thanks to you all for your support!!

Spread the word!! The more the merrier, and the happier our sponsors will be!

Let's flood the streets with Aquarius Festival boards!

Cut off date for your support will have to be something like late July, just so we give the winning bidder time to produce all of the boards.

Great to see such a supportive local spirit - keeping it live!!!

• 1 month later...

It's getting closer.

Let's keep this support for live music alive and well in East Dulwich!!

Show your support to your neighbours. It costs nothing, is non-intrusive, and is helping to fund an amazing day of live music on 31st August. If you play music, sign up. If you love to see live music, sign up. All addresses that do sign up will be sent a free entry coupon for the Festival itself.

UncleBen, you pay a quid or two quid to get in and see great music all day, beer is cheaper than local pubs and it's a great venue with super view. There's no event like it, or with as good quality music, in the locality.

If your ?1-2 entrance fee goes towards the private members, but you get to see bands that would usually cost hundreds of ?'s to see otherwise, are you really bothered ?

If you spend a day at the festival you may find that, as a member of 'Joe Public', you're grateful for having had the opportunity !!

Didn't know yot were a member, KK, but thank you for speaking on behalf of BT. And I never said it wasn't value etc, i was asking what funds are used for as I heard the club applied for a council grant for funding so tax payer money for private-if true.