Drumming on Peckham Rye

Oh, that's interesting, what a relief, I thought it was somebody on my road who had taken up drumming.

I could hear it from inside my house, and I'm nowhere near the Rye!

I was going to go and suggest they bought a practice pad!

ETA: When I lived in Devon, at one point I had a teenage drummer living on each side of me.

One had been banished to the garden shed. Great for the parents, less great for me when I was sitting in my garden :))

about a month ago I was walking the dog (about half seven on the rye) and there were some people practising their drumming near the cafe. They were very good = suspect it might just be a monthly practise session.

the dog was fascinated....

There were 3 or 4 of them. Drums strapped to their fronts. Belting them big licks. They were near the tree with the bench round it. Had a conductor type of leader in front of them.

They were there, under the tree a few days ago as well. Fair play to them, they are pretty good to my tuneless ear.

Yes, LadyD. Motorists on that side of the Rye already have to deal with the distraction of dozens of joggers' arses pertly emoting all the way up the side of the Rye. Overlay an insistent animalistic rhythmic beating soundtrack and there'll be multi-vehicle RTAs peppering the B238 southbound.

Still, more work for FM Conway, I suppose.

If you love your music live, why not sign up for a board in support of Aquarius festival?

We'd happily accomodate a bit of live drumming at the Festival. Local volunteers required to simply allow an estate agent board advertising the Festival to be put up outside their home for the month of August.

Just go to the thread, also in this section, to read more and sign up!

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,1115032

> Hmm..and I've just come home to find a drum abandoned by the bin outside my home.

Disposable drums for giving to guests at parties and celebrations? What a spiffing idea.

> the distraction of dozens of joggers' arses pertly emoting all the way up the side of the Rye.

Your pathetic fallacy is showing.

hahah the drumming was us. We are South London Samba. It's great that you think we sound good! We have just started up and are looking for somewhere to rehearse but in the meantime we've been using the Rye. If you want to find out more about us we are at facebook.com/southlondonsamba and youtube.com/southlondonsamba

check us out and leave a comment, thanks!!

Thanks everyone! We played at Denman road and Bellenden road street parties yesterday which was awesome. We've got quite a few local gigs coming up so you'll be seeing us around :) I'll put the upcoming ones on our facebook calendar