FitFunBootCamp; Peckham Rye Park

A number of sessions claim to be fun but this was actually so. Almost lost the 'courage' Saturday night before bed (if like me you get apprehensive about starting up again you may know what I mean) then got the message in the morning lol. Glad I attended and will most certainly be returning. For me, much more fun then the gym and not at all intimidating. Highly recommended this Fit Fun session! Thank you Marina and Darren, two highly skilled professionals.

I have joined in these sunday sessions for the last two weeks. I might have been too shy to join in if I hadn't met Darren before who is inspiring and encouraging about fitness and I will definitely come whenever I can. I've left feeling a real sense of achievement after over an hour of exersize which flies by because of the welcoming atmosphere and brilliant structure of the sessions. Both Darren and Marina are so friendly and fun - but want each person to achieve and make progress and feel good. I always come away and feel that I can't think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy it and getting fit and feeling good (not always easy after 2 children) just seems like a bonus.

GemmaH Hi, yes the Wednesday sessions are FitFunBoxing and runs from 18:45-20:00. It's essentially an outdoor boxing session with focus mits and gloves. Its a non-serious fun, energetic and effective workout. Drills can easily be modified to increase or decrease intensity and complexity of the workout for people of all levels of fitness.

Please feel welcome to come along. Thank you for your interest

Had a BLAST at today's bootcamp. So happy to see all the messages about you guys having fun at the sessions - there's a reason why we're called FitFUN ;)

I hope all the newcomers today enjoyed just as much.

See you next Sunday everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
I'd second everything that's been said on this thread for the FitFun Bootcamp and don't be put off by the word Bootcamp because they are not the military shouting style. Darren is a very enthusiastic trainer and encourages everyone to do the best they can, but the sessions are fun and everyone is friendly. The Sunday session is based on interval training for the first part of the session and is followed by a game such as rounders which Darren calls 'exercise in disguise'. There are two groups, most people work with Darren in the intermediate group but this would be fine for beginners who can work at their own pace and Marcia works with a smaller advanced group so it really is suitable for all abilities. The groups join together for the game part of the session. The meeting point is in the car park by the cafe in Peckham Rye Park. The Sunday session is 10.00 am - 11.20 am and there is also a boxercise group on Wednesday evenings 6.45pm - 8.00pm. I've been going to both for the past three weeks and its great to be able to exercise outside in this weather, so much nicer than in a sweaty gym. The first session you go to is FREE and if you like it you pay for a block of 8 or 10 but you can use them whenever you like so you don't lose out if there are sessions that you have to miss. There's a website with all the details at www.fitfunactive.co.uk Anyone who wants to come down and give it a try tomorrow morning will be made to feel very welcome.

• 3 weeks later...
If you had any concerns about whether we were on when the weather is 'unfavorable' be reassured by the fact that we most certainly are. Hope to see many of you at 10:00. Absolutely everybody is welcome and the sessions are truly for people of all fitness levels.

Have been going to these for a month or so now (teething son pending!) and really enjoy them.

Missed yesterday's (son decided to party in the early hrs - groan!), but really missed it & can't wait to get back there next wk. Agree with karen104 - Darren kills with kindness rather than shouting!

• 6 months later...