Herne tavern this weekend - Beer festival

Just walked past the Herne Tavern and saw a ginormous inflatable marquee, what's that? i asked:

'A real ale festival with over 20 beers from around the country' they answered...

I didn't know there were 20 people that still drunk bitter anymore?!... but it seems like they are set for a busy weekend

Just wondered if anybody else knew about it and how many people will be heading down there?!

See you all there

Mrs Y

Well we went down there last night about quarter to ten - to find the beer tent all closed up :'(

Told because the garden closed at eleven, the beer tent had closed at nine !?!??!?!

Not happy. Poster outside Palmerston just said dates, nothing about closing at nine ...

Went to CPT to drown sorrows in a pint of Broadside ... Broadside was off ...

Not a great Friday night :'(

But hey, Dulwich Ukelele Orchestra were great at the Plough tonight :)-D

Well, I have every sympathy with somebody being unhappy about the noise, but there's two points.

First, the poster in the Palmerston window should have stated the 9pm closing time, then we would have got to the Herne earlier. The closing time was only on the leaflets - which we hadn't seen.

Second, we were told we could get beer at the bar and bring it into the garden - so, I'm not too sure what the difference is between that and buying it from a tent in the garden in terms of noise?