top ten most common complaints in east dulwich today

38. When I am out pedalling through other London boroughs on my new folding Brompton velocipede, I am disgusted at the number of common oiks and non-independent grocery outlets I do chance upon.

Would it REALLY be too much to ask for there to be constructed some kind of underground covered roadway between E.D. and my Farringdon workplace, accessible only to those with an SE22 postcode, so I do not have to see any of these horrors? I sometimes wonder where my taxes are actually going!! I think I speak for the silent majority here!

40. Lack of traditional boozers / hip urban bars you can get a seat in

41. Too many bakeries / cost of a loaf of bread

42. Presence of White Stuff (too Fulham) / anticipated presence of new shoe shop (too Peckham)

43. Price of property too high for me to buy / not high enough to enable me to make a quick buck and escape to the country

44. Importance of community / as long as they're like me...

Aircraft noise in the garden, ED constantly polluted.

Heavy bendy busses, shaking and rattling right through the house to the back door.

It has broken through the road surface again and the Southwark council have not done anything about it inspite of numerous calls to their report centre talking to someone who takes it down with their 'slow pencil' and some one else was using the brain cell they all share.

Just the two moans for now..............

'No', it's three, including Southwark council.

Should be my turn for the braincell next;-)

48. Who stuck Peckham next door? The estate agent never mentioned that. I drove down Rye Lane and there wasn't a Bugaboo in sight - it was like being on Mars, and I've still got to pay the traffic fine to those idiots at the council.

Dodo1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The prat who celebrated his/her birthdsay tonight

> in Underhill Rd with loud music and fireworks.

Yeah. Fancy someone enjoying themselves. On a Friday too.

Imagine how this could affect the house prices around here.

why don't you move to Hampshire if you'd rather have the soft coo of a woodpigeon and the occasional rustle of leaves? Oh, sorry, I'd forgotten your sort, you move into an area for the amenities and vibrancy and then immediately start complaining about them.

47. That every East Dulwich forum thread eventually escalates into a catastrophe where one or more particpants flounces off midst a storm of class war, misunderstandings and frustration...only to eventually sneak back in through the back door, usually known as the innocuous What are you listening to? thread.

eccentric Wrote:

> So Honk, good party?

It was great. Marred somewhat by a bloke staring at us over the wall and trying to attract our attention by waving his arms angrily and shouting something.

I had to go inside and turn the music up a bit so he didn't ruin the tune, and by that time realised there were about 4 boxes of fireworks to get through.

Dodo1 Wrote:

> The prat who celebrated his/her birthdsay tonight

> in Underhill Rd with loud music and fireworks.

Oh I don't know. The fireworks at eleven/twelve pm last night were great, must have cost a fortune and much appreciated. The repeat performance at half past three this morning was, shall we say, less neighbourly...

Thank you all, most sincerely - a deeply pleasing response here. As you can all see, there are a number of problems that affect East Dulwich residents on a day-to-day basis that I had not highlighted. I'll make it an OFFICIAL top 12 so as to reflect the worries and concerns that have become apparent by the replies on this thread.

11. A friendly dog approached my untethered, unmuzzled child in the park, and nearly took her eye out with its wagging tail.

12. Someone enjoyed themselves at volume after 11 o'clock near my house.

Well done, East Dulwichites. If we can continue to bring these serious problems to a head, we can move forward together, as one happy, environmentally aware army (non-military, of course!)