Little Clippers appaling customer service

peggoula

Just wanted to post my experience of little Clippers today as it was not a pleasant one. I took my 3 year old girl to have a haircut. We regularly go but have not been for a while and the lady that usually does it was not around so had someone else. It was obvious right from the word go that she didn't want to chat, which is fine, people have unsociable days and it is not a problem at all. However, she was very rude to me, and to my little girl who was behaving very well at the time with constant sighing and tuting if her instructions were not being followed immediately.

When you are in the business of cutting children's hair you have to expect certain things and be quie quick about it anyway. She was constantly scolding her and telling her she is bound to get a wonky haircut and when I said that she is lucky that she is sitting still at all, she told me that this is not good enough.

When I suggested to take a bit more off she got so annoyed and once finished (took an extra 3 minutes!!) and I told my daughter to say thank you she didn't merit us with a response, just walked to the till, said the price was ?15 (not bad for 10 minute service!) and didn't even said bye although we did.

As there are plenty of places for a children's haircuts in ED I would definitely not go there again. In fact my friend said GM do them for ?10 and they are very nice about it so will be going there instead.

Yes I would definitely recommend GM for kids. So sorry about your experience but we've found the same at LCs. I took my two to GMs yesterday and because it was their third time getting a cut they got a 'lucky dip' of a painting on canvas set for eldest (aged 6) and colouring in book and pencils for younger (aged 3). They have a loyalty card thing so every third time there they get a gift. That along with getting a proper hair wash in the 'zen' room (not in Saturdays sadly) and a lolly each time - and yesterday strawberries and cream also!

I reckon we'll keep going there :)

We are so sorry that your experience at The Little Clipper wasn't a great one. Please come and see me (Daren)so we can discuss the problem and hopefully we can rectify it for you. We aim to please everyone but sometimes it can be a very stressful environment when we are busy so please accept my apologies again.

The Groom Room in the Village is fantastic. All the staff are very child friendly, with juice to drink, loolies and if you're near the TV - CBeebies too. Can't recommend the place enough and they offer a parent and child package too.

• 4 months later...

We had a great experience at Little Clipper today, the lady was really lovely to our (toddler) daughter, we were all made to feel very welcome & she did a brilliant haircut! When we asked her to take a bit more hair off, she was most accommodating.

We came away with a keep sake of our daughters first haircut too, an envelope containing her locks, with her name, date & 'first haircut' written on the front!

Also, as the haircut didn't take that long, we were only charged 50% of the advertised price.

All in all a great experience and would definitely recommend to others....

• 2 months later...

Archived