Blue mountain cafe - update

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> its a lovely place to sit outside and while

> away a morning.

Ahh, a voice of infinite reason! Where's the rush, people? If it were in France, you'd love it and say it has charm.. 'Fickle' is one word extremely apt for the residents of ED!

Fuschia Wrote:

> Hah. I just this minute received an email, dated

> 30th May but hitherto lost in the ether, I

> presume, apologising for what happened!

>

> I eat my words!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Why is it always the emails (and mobile messages) guaranteed to cause most inconvenience/embarrassment if you don't receive them which go into some black hole for several days between the sender and recipient?

And where do they go ?!?!?!

> Where's the rush,

> people? If it were in France, you'd love it and

> say it has charm.. 'Fickle' is one word extremely

> apt for the residents of ED!

Ahh, but if I were in France, I'd be on holiday... and therefore wouldn't mind the wait so much! I don't think there's anything fickle about not wanting to wait 40 mins or whatever for your lunch.

It would be nice if the owners could come on the forum and tell us what they're doing to improve the service. Surely it's also in their interests to turn the tables over a bit more quickly?

McDonald's in Peckham's reliably quick!!

Agreed though it'd be nice if BMC came on the forum to have a word, like Kate from G&B did when they received a lot of flak. It's good publicity and won G&B a few fans; so much better than having a go at the Admin* behind the scenes or telling customers what miseries they were like another proprietor did once.

* capitalised for he is the local deity

snorky Wrote:

> The BMC has always had rubbish service

>

> Some pople like the "charm" of it, I just go

> elsewhere

it is one of those overrated places that I just dont get

and the tiles on the pation are a menace when theyre wet - surprised theres not been a no win/ no fee claim against them yet.

actually its wet today ...Im off to the BMC then onto casualty at Kings

mockney piers Wrote:

so much better than having

> a go at the Admin* behind the scenes or telling

> customers what miseries they were like another

> proprietor did once.

>

Mockney, can you point me to the post that states the owners approached the admin behind the scenes? I cannot find a reference to it.

eccentric Wrote:

> mockney piers Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> so much better than having

> > a go at the Admin* behind the scenes or telling

> > customers what miseries they were like another

> > proprietor did once.

> >

>

> Mockney, can you point me to the post that states

> the owners approached the admin behind the scenes?

> I cannot find a reference to it.

I've been going to the Blue Mountain cafe for quite some time and have generally found it to be great. I like the ambience and the staff. Must admit that I generally go for quiet times when I can be assured there will be little trouble getting a table or being served. And I usually go for coffee and cakes rather than cooked food. Having young kids myself I can sympathise with Fuschia and her sense of being disappointed when she took a precious moment for a quick treat.

But taking this to the general, I have seen some pretty rude behaviour from patrons in there. Some take that haughty "I am the customer and you must serve me" approach and it rather bugs me. If I was the waiter, or the proprietor I'd be inclined to go slow on the rude punter on table 4. The BMC seems a very successful cafe and can probably afford to lose a few customers. Perhaps its their way of flushing out the more demanding ones.

Citizen i could not have put it better myself, some residents of ED think they can be rude to staff, i have seen it myself and its really unfair to be spoken to rudely. I can think of a couple on this forum.

citizenED Wrote: I have seen some

> pretty rude behaviour from patrons in there. Some

> take that haughty "I am the customer and you must

> serve me" approach and it rather bugs me. If I was

> the waiter, or the proprietor I'd be inclined to

> go slow on the rude punter on table 4. The BMC

> seems a very successful cafe and can probably

> afford to lose a few customers. Perhaps its their

> way of flushing out the more demanding ones.

I can assure you we weren't at all rude, certainly not when we went in and ordered, and not even when we left before our food arrived!

Tazzi Wrote:

> Citizen i could not have put it better myself,

> some residents of ED think they can be rude to

> staff, i have seen it myself and its really unfair

> to be spoken to rudely. I can think of a couple on

> this forum.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think there has ever been any suggestion that Fuchsia had to wait half an hour to be served because she was rude to BMC staff??

:-S

Edited to say: Sorry posted at same time as Fuchsia :-$