Recommended Plumber - Niko

BeeGee

We've just moved in to our new flat and wanted an outside tap installed so followed recommendations on the forum for Niko.

Glad we did - Niko was excellent. Professional, friendly, and the job was very reasonably priced. He was also very flexible and came around the same day to do a no obligation appraisal. The work was completed very quickly and without any mess. We'd certainly use him again.

Niko is on 07818 607583.

B.

From panic to euphoria thanks to Nico the plumber; he arrived 15 minutes after I phoned him, on a Friday evening,dealt with our faulty lav. in very tight circumstances, such a relief when the water stopped running.....

He fixed it, and to top it all, for a very reasonable fee.

Yet another well deserved recommendation.

I recommend Ron who is a plumber and gas fitter. He has years of experience and knowledge. He fitted an outside tap and has serviced my boiler with no problems, he also installs central heating. PM me if you want a free quote or advice.

I also would like to recommend Niko. We had an unexpected leak in our garage on the day we were travelling to Manchester. Found Niko on the forum, explained our predicament and he came and stopped the leak which was under the landing upstairs. He was punctual, professional, tidy, friendly and charged us very reasonably. He also sorted our cistern in our bathroom and stopped the dripping in our kitchen tap. Very glad to have found Niko and have recommended him to my neighbour who wants a shower room.

Another vote for Niko, I have called on Niko several times for several plumbing issues. This time my toilet has been flushing all weekend so i gave Niko a call on Monday and he was straight to fix it. Always comes quickly, knows his stuff and goes out of his way to get you the parts needed. We now live on Ivydale and its seems that he is very popular in these parts!

• 5 months later...

I would like to add a recommendation for Niko of Taps n Tubs. I recently had a problem with a leaking heating system tap in my loft and a faulty ball cock. Niko came to investigate the same day I contacted him and fixed the problem quickly and effectively. He was happy to explain what he was doing and charged a very reasonable price.

Thanks Niko!

So surprise surprise, another recommendation for Niko!

We had a broken stop cock on our toilet and after a a bit of a disaster with another plumber got in touch with Niko. He was round the next day to get it fixed and when his first fix didn't work, due to our water pressure, was back round in the evening to get it sorted. He's a really nice guy and charges very reasonably.

With all the recommendations had to try out Niko ! It's the second time I called him out, the first he came within the hour and fixed a small leak. Yesterday he replaced a cracked toilet and fixed up a shower enclosure. Very friendly, does the job, and doesn't charge the earth. Would definitely use again.

I have used a number of plumbers over the years at our house in Pellatt Road, and Niko is by some distance the best.

I used him for a faulty toilet - making bizarre noises and not flushing properly - and he swiftly sorted it out.

The next time, I had a faulty tap and got mixed up on who I had used previously.

Anyway, another plumber - not Niko - arrived. He only temporarily fixed the problem, charged ?70 or ?80 and said if I needed it properly sorted I would have to replace entire unit.

A few weeks later, one of the taps stopped running again. This time, I phone Niko. He said he just had to replace a part and that "some plumbers would charge you for replacing the entire thing." (Correct.)

Anyway, I found Niko from a recommendation on this forum, so I have joined to make my own recommendation.

My taps and toilet now work perfectly. Niko is reliable, very personable and, most of all, very good at his job.

Another big vote for Niko. I couldn't remember how to adjust the pressure on our new boiler, the other plumbers I spoke to all wanted to charge ?60 to come round but I knew it was a very simple job and Niko very kindly (and patiently) talked me through it for no charge! What a good guy, would highly recommend.

Another Niko recommendation, he fixed a leak for me. A leak which 2 other plumbers had failed to identify. It did involve removing kitchen cabinets and hacking into a wall, not the most straight forward job. Would definitely use Niko in future.

I can add my recommendation for Niko, who fitted a washing machine for me. He is pleasant, reliable, very fairly priced and even (unprompted) follows up the job several weeks later to check things are still OK. I would definitely call him again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived