Oakhurst Grove ~ Boutique Apartments

I live on Oakhusrt Grove and see that Acorn Estates are currently marketing 3 new "boutique" apartments on the street. I took a peek at them the other day and have to say they are magnificent. They have all been "dressed" by an interior designer so look like show homes. The previous resident had let the house fall into disrepair but from what I saw the other day, they are now finished to a very high standard so if you are looking for a pristine property in East Dulwich, then I would definitely check these out. No idea how much they are on for but I was very impressed with them, especially the ground floor "apartment". BTW I have no affiliation with Acorn Estates...!!

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> 550K for a two bed flat in ED... good luck with

> that.

I think there will be a lot of interest Jeremy...exactly what does an extra ?200k, above the average ED 2 bedder price, get you? ;-)

Words like "more", "money", "than", and "sense" spring to mind :))

ETA: Pity they didn't get a decent garden designer in as well.

ETA: Actually, forget the "as well" - that implies the interior designer was decent :))

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> no storage at all, what a shitehole.

It's a common trick nowadays not to provide bedroom built-in storage, or even 'dress' a bedroom with a wardrobe. If you look at the size of the bedrooms on the floor plan you can see why...

...with the propensity of cats in the area, you'd think they would've come up with rooms big enough to swing one in.

To balance the negativity a bit, there was a studio flat that needed renovating up for auction on that road 4 or 5 months back; it was guided at 110 and went for 195 if I remember rightly. This is after a similar sized one set back off goose green went for 115 18 months ago. Therefore I wouldn't underestimate how much prices have pushed on in the last few months and I don't blame them for having a punt at a fairly strong level.

A separate room from the living room, not an open plan space with a kitchen that looks like it has been built in a coridoor. New conversions never provide enough kitchen space. My purpose built, turn of the century flat has a good sized separate kitchen with enough room for a table and chairs. It also has cupboards and a larder.