Suggestions wanted: restaurant for big family meal

Not strictly family room related but everyone always has great ideas on threads like this!

I'm looking for somewhere for 16 people (including 4 children aged between 2 and 9) to have lunch on a Saturday in October. It is a celebration of sorts so somewhere a bit special would be great. It doesn't have to be in East Dulwich, anywhere nearby is fine.

There are several vegetarians in the party in case that makes a difference.

Thanks!

The upstairs room at the Prince Regent in Herne Hill can be hired out separately, has its own bar. It's a really lovely space with high ceilings and there would be tons of space for kids to run around without disturbing anyone. I've always found the food there to be good. We hired the whole space (table area, sofa area plus bar) for a big group lunch a while back and I think it was ?150 hire fee?

The Crooked Well also has a private dining room I think?

If you didn't mind going into town the Swan restaurant at the Globe theatre is a really lovely space and has great views of the river. We had a really good meal there but it was a quite a few years ago now. They have a couple of private dining areas you can hire. The balcony room might be a bit bigger than you need but maybe they'd do a special rate for lunchtime! http://www.loveswan.co.uk/shakespearesglobe/events/spaces.html

Or I've also heard about Village East in Bermondsey that have a private dining room? The Little Room has space for 20 so could be a good size: http://www.village-london.co.uk/private-dining-village-east/

Good luck.

Try the Rodendale in West Dulwich. They have a lovely private room you can hire. There is also a garden for the children if they need to get out. We used it for a Sunday lunch to celebrate a Christening and it was perfect for a group with both adults and children.

Also we brought some toys and colouring stuff and they set up a separate table to children to sit at.

Another vote for Rocca in the village. Has a lovely atmosphere and they are brilliant with kids and very attentive and nothing is too much trouble. Lots of space and the restaurant is nicely decorated so has a slightly fancy feel whilst being very relaxed, and the food is brilliant. Have been frequently and often take ages but never feel like I'm in he way or need to give up the table!

Always thought this sounded great for a special meal:

www.southlondongallery.org/page/cafe

It has a private room, or maybe area, in a courtyard I think. Never actually been but looked into it for husband's 40th.

Menu has Spanish slant and looks okay for veg option, and good for fish.

X

The Florence Herne Hill is great, massive kids room out the back so the kids don't get bored. I'm sure they'd get you some space in the conservatory out the back which is big, light and airy. Food is great too, but prob more Gastropub depending on how special you're looking for...