Terrible mobile signal - Adys Road

I'm on EE / Orange and getting really hacked off with the rubbish signal around here. Is anyone else having the same problem? It seems to have got worse since EE took over several months ago. My iphone is constantly searching for a network which means I can't make / take calls, or if I can, they drop off in the middle. Won't send texts, etc. Basically useless. EE just tell me to reset the phone and it will then find a new mast to pick up signal from. Since I've been resetting it has got worse still. If you live in Adys Road area and get a good signal please tell me who you're with so I can try to switch. Work mobile with Vodafone which seems to be better but still far from perfect. Thanks!

There is an Android Ap (OpenSignal) which will identify the towers that are around you and indicate signal strength. Microwave works substantially on line-of-sight - so the hilly-ness of Dulwich, so good in so many ways, offers a problem for mobiles, as you may not get strong signal when below the brow of a hill. Sometimes switching from 3G to 2G will improve at least the phone (i.e. voice but not the data) functions of your mobile.

'Bars' by the way are misleading - there is no standard for them. My phone can be showing bars, but not send texts, then the bars dissappear and later the text goes.

It does sometimes help (yes really) to switch off and then on again.

I had problems with Vodafone last year into this year. After starting a campaign in the forum getting people to report faults here and to them, plus directing them to the thread and calling them daily they finally agreed to send me a sure signal free of charge.

I think 02 have a boost box so if its your home that has the black spot you may want to pursue this with them.

I'm on 3 and my partner is on Orange or EE (whatever it's called). Our mobile signal is really bad, particularly indoors. I have to go outside to get a proper signal which is not good. I have tried a virgin sim card and that was no better. We live near Grove Lane, on the top of the hill but that doesn't help one jot.

I used to live on Keston Road and used T-mobile which is EE and had to stand outside to make phone calls. I am not sure anything can be done about it immediately as it was (and I imagine still is) a network coverage problem. Basically the nearest transmitters are on Rye Lane and the one above the Co-op on Lordship Lane. So this area is in a dead spot. There was some talk 6 or 7 years ago about a company renting the spire of Goose Green church but it didn't go down too well and would have been beaming directly into the school. I just got used to it in the end.

I'm on O2 and have been with them for 13 years. Since moving to London from the coast my signal has been ridiculous. For the last 2 years I've been spending ?40 a month on a contract I can only use 50% of the time. Now I come to upgrade I'm at a loss of what to do. O2 offer me the best prices and package but weak signal that drives me insane especially being cut off a premium rate line 25 minutes in!! But I have no experience of other networks and could end up with something more expense and with even less network coverage. I checked on O2 online signal map which says a mast is out in the se22 area around 3 weeks ago, I don't know if this is a Long running issue..

We are on Keston Road and have rubbish reception too (me on 3 and husband on EE) - have spoken to both companies and it just seems we are in a bit of a black spot. Is really annoying as have to stand right in bay window to get even half a chance of a signal. Have to renew contract soon too so keen to hear if anyone round here gets a good signal.

I've been on Virgin for over 10 years. First on Pay as u Go then on contract. I've never had any trouble with the signal (except for a few weeks when they first linked up with EE & Orange last year) and I've used it from Peckam Library up to Crystal Palace, both outside and inside shops and houses !!!!! Speaking to people on EE, it seems the fancier and more complicated the phone, the worst the signal pick-up.