The Irish Shop - is it still open?

harvey

Always preferred King's myself. Controversial I know. But why are they only available at home, I am sure there must be an underground movement just waiting to burst out. Rise up ppl!

Still can't believe Walkers launched in Ireland in last 10 years. Pah!

Oh god, yes, Kings! Why can't you get them over here?

But I also like Ranchero's, and I've remembered Meanies just now too!

They had macaroon bars today, can you get Klipso's in the UK - if there was ever a way to ensure a near encounter with a dentist, it was with a Klipso :)

Is there anywhere around here that you can just go to the pub and order a toasted sandwich, rather than a bigger meal! I miss those types of comfort foods when out!!

The only thing that was missing from the video was a Mam being upset about the emersion being left on. That was my entire childhood; being shouted at about the emersion.

El Pibe, I am sure the Irish Shop sells Denny's white pudding.

CMCK83 that's hilarious! I've a big grin on my face - the Glenroe bit with the homework rings true :) And of course the byes x 100, I can't seem to get passed that myself :)

I've got to watch the others now!

There is definitely white pudding in the Irish shop, I got it the other day, it was yummy!! I may have ate too much of it!

giggirl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Have you said a prayer to St Anthony" - I think

> that's my mother talking circa 1975

"Get up tu fuCk" - I reckon that's my mother around the same time, making me 'put sin on her soul on a Sunday' in order to encourage me along to share in the Holy Sacrament.

Gran always went to St Anthony too - and gee, he made a fortune whilst all those prayers were said :) It makes me smile!

The emersion was another big thing at home too, and why have it on, if the fire was lighting, because that heated up the house anyway! Leading from that, I was like a yo-yo getting up/down from the couch, to put the damper in/out! Still don't understand the merits of that! Its like a reflex now when I visit home :)

The frying pan is about to go now, as I get the breakfast ready with sausages, rashers, pudding and brown bread from yesterdays purchases at the shop!

Actually I also bought flour for the first time, usually when I bake, my cakes look a bit limp - and I wondered if I bought the Odlums would it make a difference, and it has! The cakes look much better! I've no idea why, unless its the recipe!

Cooking time!!! :)