GCSE Results 2013 for 'commutable' Secondary Schools from Southwark/Lewisham

BB100

Can anyone add to these? They are all 5 A*-C including Maths & English.

Harris Crystal Palace say on their website their drop in results is because it's their 'first cohort to have been admitted to the Academy under the Academy Admissions criteria having changed from the previous City Technology College (CTC) admissions criteria and procedures.'

New Headteachers starting at Prendergast, Harris Crystal Palace, Harris East Dulwich Boys & Wallington Boys.

Wilsons Boys(Sutton Grammar) 100%

Wallington Boys (Sutton Grammar) 100%

Chislehurst & Sidcup (Bexley Grammar) 99%

Langley Park Girls (Bromley) 83%

Harris Crystal Palace (Croydon) 82%

Bonus Paster (Lewisham) 80%

Charter 72%

Addey & Stanhope (Lewisham) 71%

Haberdasher Askes' New Cross 71%

Forest Hill Boys 67%

Sedgehill (Lewisham) 52%

Why do southwark have to be so different??

Interested to know how Sydenham Girls have done this year, their A level results were great (77% A*-C and 45% A*- B ) doesn't say if it includes maths and English though.

Kingsdale very quiet how strange!

I'm hoping against hope that Kingsdale has done well as my kids are there. But last year no news was not good news and can't help worrying about ominous silence from them.

One of my children is moving from Kingsdale to Brit this year and they have done really well- 95% A* - C, 68% A* -C incl. English and Maths.

Curmudgeon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am surprised that you would consider schools

> like wilsons to be commutable with over an hour on

> public transport each way. Still it is hardly

> surprising that selective schools do so well

You will find quite a little (growing) troop on the train in the mornings. It's a 30 minute train ride.

Hello Renata,

I don't want to get involved with any of the weird internet activity which took place last year. I just stumbled across an article on the Southwark website, you might be the best person on here to answer my question:

In this article http://www.southwark.gov.uk/news/article/1338/southwark_bucks_national_trend_with_significant_improvement_in_gcse_results is it talking about all schools in Southwark including the academies? In which case at least we know Kingsdale made the National baseline of 40%, something they could not achieve even with remarks last year. I hope this is the case.

Curmudgeon, I am not sure why such a defensive stance is required here? It is odd that all schools do not make their results public given that they are going to be published sooner or later (I think January?). And given what happened last year it is not unusual for people to have questions.

It is great to see that Southwark did so well this year though.

Administrator Wrote:

> Kingsdale, I suggest you publish what you said to

> me. I'm not your communication channel.

All ears

I have to say that Kingsdale has the worst PR and media strategy (or advice)of any company I have ever encountered, including banks and lawyers. Seriously though, whoever decides your media approach, online and press, needs to stop and somebody who has integrity and an ability to do the job needs to take over. For a school with so much to offer you are really doing yourself no favours. (Ex marketing director, current data manager)

Curmudgeon Wrote:

> Administrator Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Kingsdale, I suggest you publish what you said

> to

> > me. I'm not your communication channel.

>

>

> All ears

>

> I have to say that Kingsdale has the worst PR and

> media strategy (or advice)of any company I have

> ever encountered, including banks and lawyers.

> Seriously though, whoever decides your media

> approach, online and press, needs to stop and

> somebody who has integrity and an ability to do

> the job needs to take over. For a school with so

> much to offer you are really doing yourself no

> favours. (Ex marketing director, current data

> manager)

Hey steady on! Was, whatever the comment, truly from a representative of Kingsdale or someone, yet again, stirring? OR someone who just is not too sure on procedures ie how to use this forum? Given past issues on here it would be easy to understand if there were confusion...

Curmudgeon why make such comments?

Skegness Wrote:

> I hope you're right, Curmudgeon. They did not

> release the results at all last year so I'm a bit

> nervous of a repeat but you are right that it's

> very early days.

Last years results are on their website.

Edited to add: Well it was there yesterday but now it says the page is being updated.

Thanks, BB100. My post was a bit rubbish/misleading. I know the 2012 results are there now (or were there until v recently) but it was only after the DfE released the national figures in about January 2013 that they entered the public domain, I believe, whereas most schools announced their results right away in August. The school said that this was because they were appealing some results and also wanted to include resits, as I recall. I know there were some specific and difficult issues last year but I did find the delay in accessing exam result information difficult and worrying. If the website is being updated at the moment maybe there will be some news on 2013 results soon, though. That would be great. As a parent I know that there are some great things happening at Kingsdale and that there are many children doing very well there. I will remain supportive of the school no matter whether the results are good, as I hope, or not so good. But I want to know! And soon, please, Kingsdale.:)

Thanks, Renata. That makes sense because I understand that Kingsdale (along with lots of other schools) had major issues with the English GCSE grade boundary moving in 2012, so a lot were remarked. There was also a legal challenge to the moving of the boundary, I think. I will just have to be patient, clearly. Feels like it's all getting a bit too close for comfort now as my sons are getting quite close to the point when their grades will form part of these statistics! eeek.

Thank you Renata, that is great news. In that case, Kingsdale should have no reason to hide their results. I notice their website is still 'page is being updated' it is taking a very long time to update this.

Administrator Wrote:

> Kingsdale, I suggest you publish what you said to

> me. I'm not your communication channel.

This would be very useful.