Hoopers food

Hey, come to our brilliant free folk night at Hoopers tomorrow (may be today if you read this on Friday - it's on Friday 27th) - 8pm Bulgakov, 9pm Folk2Future, 10pm Dan Maitland.

It will be fun!! And Hoopers has a great range of real ales, too :)-D

Ignore Time Out whose very efficient (not) listing people somehow listed this as at the Old Nun's Head :))

The rumours are true, a French chef is coming to Hoopers, hurrah :)

Thanks to everyone who came to our Goose night last night, and thanks to Bulgakov and Dan Maitland who were all brilliant :)

The Harveys wss great too :)-D (though my hangover this morning isn't ......)

The Goose will be back at Hoopers in September - watch this space!

I dunno about poptarts but I say about time for decent grub! I've only ever been in there a few times over the years (and that includes The Ivanhoe years - shame the name was changed ... tradition down the pan .. but then the owner isn't a Londoner I hear) but I know it always had a foremost reputation as a boozer. Food clears that up. Even as a boozer it did better when even limited food was happening. Plus its a great option for folks who don't want alcohol! There's always the Hermits Cave in Camberwell for an old stylee boozer. Still, I've heard that Jamie is a funny old guy. He gets nice beer in but I heard he had a weird, sort of abusive bartender in there for ages before that changed. I know people who tried to get stuff going in there musicwise and foodwise but its like he wasn't into it unless he originated the idea, or found the talent (or founded the kitchen) himself. Which is a shame because that blows out a nice traditional element too. Still, all hail to some kind of food and I hope it doesn't cost an arm and a leg!

Hi,

Hoopers are pleased to advise that our Kitchen will open this Saturday and Sunday from 12 noon to 9.45pm. There will also be a Sunday Roast.

The Kitchen will reopen next Wednesday, under French chef Stephane Tierou, with a special offer of a free dessert with each mains ordered, from then until Thursday 24th July inclusive.

We are sure that you will agree that Hoopers Kitchen will be a welcome addition to the local catering possibilities, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Real Ales available this weekend are Brains SA, Bradfield Brown Cow, and Harveys Best.

Regards

Jamie, Vivien & Matt

• 2 weeks later...
Have sampled the food on offer, its really great and really good prices will be going back for sure! Definitely recommend a visit, the menu is pretty varied, organic steaks to veggie to great salads with all the produce locally sourced, there's something for everyone...oh and don't forget the cracking beer and wine selection....yum!

did you go yesterday Mike? I was already commited elsewhere but wanted to big up Hoopers a bit more having wandered in on Saturday as part of the pub crawl

We timed things wrong and arrived there 20 mins before their Saturday opening time but they still opened up early for us

Several people in the group hadn't been before and all really liked the place

The food menu looked great - good British basics, which, by sticking to a small menu suggests they are cooked well

good work Jamie and Viv