Neighbour from hell - advice please!

BecsBex

Don't think so. They were a present and bought via Amazon apparently. My upstairs are not too loud but these just stop me getting fixated with their footsteps/tv while I drift off. Been good for me.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sleep+phones&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=33183533150&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=21365587321593969630&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_823ws2l34f_b

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Help -Ma-Boab loving look of those sleep phones

> ,but I recently got landed with an unexpected ?15

> import/customs/something tax ( ?10 of which admin)

> when purchasing from an American site .

>

> Were yours ordered from abroad ,were there any

> such extra taxes ?

Help-Ma-Boab Wrote:

> Don't think so. They were a present and bought via

> Amazon apparently. My upstairs are not too loud

> but these just stop me getting fixated with their

> footsteps/tv while I drift off. Been good for me.

>

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=sleep+

> phones&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=3318353315

> 0&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=21365587321593

> 969630&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=t&ref=pd_sl_8

> 23ws2l34f_b

>

xxxxxxx

I have a white noise option on my Lumie alarm clock, which I have recently had to start having on permanently all night due to a neighbour's very noisy and apparently faulty boiler going on and off at frequent intervals - sometimes every thirty seconds for an hour or more at a time.

I can still hear the boiler firing above the white noise, but it isn't quite so intrusive as it was, and at least I've been able to get some sleep - and not been woken up in the middle of the night by the boiler coming on :(

Might be worth trying something similar? I don't think I could sleep in headphones .....

intexasatthe moment Wrote:

> Thanks Help-Ma-Boab .

>

> Sue - have you checked them out ? they look like a

> headband ..

xxxxxxxx

No, ashamed to say I haven't .... blush.

ETA: OK, have now. Good idea, but I'd have to get an MP3 player as well ..... then I'd lie awake worrying I was going to be strangled by the cord :))

Intriguing development... I've been away since yesterday afternoon and just returned home to find that the upstairs neighbour has done a complete slash and burn in her garden, COMPLETELY cleared it. The timing of this could be a ridiculous coincidence... but it's just too weird considering the garden has been untouched for the 2 years that I've been here, until I started this thread. My lease is up February. If anyone knows of a nice landlord who wants to rent out a reasonably priced one-bed garden flat in ED to a Monica-style clean lady with an equally clean cocker spaniel, please do let me know... harrumph.

Hi BecsBex, maybe she's reading this thread! But it's a good thing that she's cleared the garden, right?

Have you decided to move out in February then?

Shame she appears to own the place and isn't a council tenant - then you could at least tried to have her evicted. She sounds like a complete cow :(

Apologies if this is a really stupid question.

But have you tried to talk calmly about these issues with her at a time when she is not behaving in this way?

Or, have you written out a list of the things which are upsetting you and which you would like to discuss with her, and suggest you meet over a cup of tea to try to resolve them?

Of course she might completely ignore your attempts at reconciliation, but you'd hopefully be no worse off, and at least you'd know you had done everything possible to try to sort things out before going through all the hassle of moving out.

ETA: And re her garden - hadn't you previously said that she had been discussing the weeds with her boyfriend? So it's not really strange that now she's done something about them?

I think it's easy to misinterpret the reasons for people's actions, which is why - if possible - it would be great to sit down calmly with her and talk about things.

Who knows what strange/wrong ideas she may have about why you have been behaving as you have been?