Bloody Dell......

bon3yard

Further to my Laptop virus woes, have reinstalled windows but cant validate it because I cant get online. Apparently I dont have the right drivers for WLAN. Heres the clincher...Dell wont talk to me because I dont have my security tag to hand. Usually it is on the bottom of the laptop but mine has been worn away(To be honest it doesnt look as if its ever been there)...and yes, its fully legit. Any ideas around this problem???

seems like a bit of a catch 22...

if you can get online from another machine (and presumably you can if you're posting here...) you should be able to download the drivers from the dell support site:

dell support

you can select your laptop by model number and grab the wlan drivers from there. only catch is you'll need a memory stick or similar to transfer the download from whichever machine you use to your laptop.

hope this helps

What the heck is wrong with my computer? For no reason it has started freezing all the time when I'm on either Firefox, IE, and Outlook. Ctrl, Alt Del doesn't 'end task' and I have to switch off manually and reboot.

As I type the cursor is not keeping up with me, lagging behind and then spurting the text out.

I've tried deleting Firefox and reloading it, I've done a disk cleanup, I've done a virus scan.

Help boffins.

Thank you Sean,

The virus scan I ran is McAfee. I downloaded and ran the software (a-squared, AVG no longer free) from the link on the thread you provided. It detected 1 high risk item which I've quarantined.

Just waffling at the moment to test the typing. The cursor is still lagging but it does seem marginally better. I'll have to see how often it freezes now.

Thanks.