Pasta, pasta,

You are so fine.

Pasta, all pasta,

I wish you were mine!

Ant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I wonder whether Oswald Mosley was one of these

> awful pasta-munchers. I imagine he probably was,

> given he was such great mates with Il Dulce.

Il dulce? Chi?

(you can still join our small friendly Italian beginner's class or come and chat with Italians, possibly even about Il Duce, tomorrow Thurs 24th July : Language Lounge

Those Fresh Pasta ravioli type things, tossed in some olive oil and garlic a dash of fresh chilli (maybe some bacon too) in a pan is a jolly nice lazy meal for when I really can't be arsed to cook.

Actually pretty much anything tossed in olive oil, garlic and chilli is damned good.

As a student I would often rely on pre made pasta sauces, usually this one:

file.php?0,file=1451

Although sometimes as a change would have this one:

file.php?20,file=1452

These fine meals were often finished off with a dessert of

file.php?20,file=1454 + file.php?20,file=1453

EDITED: Because I spent my student days engaging in activates which made me eat strange combinations of food instead of learning the difference between a desert and a dessert.

Re the connection between fascism and pasta

Marinetti, the Futurist, blamed the sloth (as he perceived it) and lack of warlike vigour of the Italian populace on their consumption of pasta. Marinetti was one of the earliest supporters of Mussolini, who later sought to reduce the Italian dependence on pasta. This was mainly because he wanted to make the country self-sufficient and a lot of durum wheat flour was imported, but also (allegedly) because he shared Marinetti's views of it's negative effect on the Italian fighting man.

So, make bucatini all'amitriciana - not war!

Italian Man not fighting -> Italian Man eats Pasta -> Pasta stops Man from fighting.

Genius!!!

If, perhaps, he'd considered

Italian Man not fighting -> Italian Man getting sent to whole bunch of wars (Abyssinia, Spain, Greece, N Africa, Russia) that Italian Man has no interesting in getting killed over -> err that's it

I'm confused. I eat pasta and am half Italian. Does that mean I (i) should stop eating pasta and eat something else like lasagne instead; (ii) am a fascist of a liberal/lefty variety; or (iii) half of me should leave the country?

Err...yeah sorry about that. Just couldn't help myself. Maybe I was a little influenced by the fine Italian meal and over indulgence of wine I had at Si Mangia last night. Either that or I've got a bit of sunstroke. Lovely day out...must get away from this damned computer and lay in the garden for a bit.