Sorsi & Morsi

Trish

Dear Dodo1,

We are sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time at Sorsi & Morsi. We pride ourselves from using only original top quality Italian products and following recipes that have been with us for generations to the letter. If you would like to come back, we would be happy to ensure that you will have an enjoyable experience.

Regards,

The Sorsi & Morsi team

• 1 month later...

I love this restaurant. What a great addition to Lordship Lane and its sea of curry houses.

I hope Sorsi and Morsi does a lot better than the two restaurants that lived in that venue before it and manages to stay open. I have been doing my bit in that regard in recent weeks - I must have been over half a dozen times in the last couple of months. The pizza is the best around here - proper authentic thin crust Italian pizzas cooked in a wood burning oven, as they should be.

Fresh pasta dishes that taste just as good as those I have tried in Italy. Nice touch that they leave out samples during the day too. We usually take a couple of freebies on a Saturday afternoon walk down LL.

And just a lovely staff, that are always super friendly to my loud three year old son - it's his favourite place to eat out too.

They do take out too. My standard Friday night of late has been pizza at S&M then on to the Gelato place up the road.

The only negative really is the interior. Still has the feeling of it's predecessors - dominated by a bar that's way too big and a bit of a canteen feel about it, but I'm nitpicking. It's fast become my favourite local restaurant.

• 1 month later...
Just a reminder check your meals before you leave - we were disappointed tonight. At 8pm I called and ordered the creamy risotto with courgettes, prawns and mint - I specified the ingredients as I was unable to remember the dishes name. After waiting 20 mins my partner went to pick it up. He arrived home with a risotto with prawns but a range of other seafood and no courgettes or mint - it was a completely different dish. We were provided with a refund but we had no food and it was too late to order anything else.