Should ED open its gates to Northerners?

Rico

Okay it sounds like it could go on the main forum, but it will be inevitably lounged.

This report suggesting Northerners move south, which sounds silly until you listen to those who produced it and they make (some) sense.

So can ED take in its share of Northerners looking for a better life?

Agree this isn't a Lounge topic.

What would be the change? There are plenty of people in ED who've moved here from the North. Are you suggesting you advertise in the North Yorkshire Herald?

Wanted - Yorkshire Men and Women (Pref Non-Smokers Or At Least Not In The Home) To Live And Work In East Dulwich. Must Be Looking For Better Life*. Must Have Spare Time To Waste On Internet.

*defined as living in the South. Even though it's full of Southern poofs who don't know what's what.

It?s crap down here anyway.

I were down Bolton high street two weekend back and it were great. I go up to barmaid in pub and says, ?pint of larger and 3 vodka and cokes for me please luv and a WKD blue for me missus.?

?No problem.? she says, ?that?ll be a fiver.? and hands them over.

A fiver! You can?t piss on a tramp in London for a fiver. And this weren?t just any old pub, Yates Wine Bar it were. Propper posh.

Anyway so I?ve not got through me first two drinks when this group of lasses walk in. All giggling and stuff like. Not one of them wearing enough clothing to cover their bras and knickers. You ?ave to pay good money for that kind of entertainment on Lordship Lane on a Friday. And the way they battered those lads who were standing over by fruit machine. It were class.

Moos - love it!

Saw Prescott railing against it on Newsnight last night. He's great when he's in his element: 'People should not be treated as economic units!'

He's actually really good. I had forgotten.

Keef: Maybe we could open a mine under dulwich to make them feel more at home.

No need Keef, the ferrets down our trousers (more portable than mines) offset the homesickness. I wouldn't say no, however, to some gravy on my chips; southern chippies are rubbish.

I'm married to one. Living in London she's afraid that our kids will end up as southern fairies whereas I'm just afraid that they will catch the pom and end up crap at cricket.*

*Of course my own lack of cricketing abilities has nothing to do with it.

I am not only a Northerner but I even get my Yorkshire Curd Tarts, Yorkshire parkin & Whitby Gingerbread online on a regular basis from Elizabth Botham of Whitby! No decent cake shops in the South....

And if That Bloody Woman who closed all the mines does indeed get a state funeral then there'll be some panic...

Aren't we going to have to resort back to coal power anyway now that the Arabs/Russians/Americans/Chinese/Gypsies (delete as appropriate) have used all the oil and Greenpeace have killed anyone who knows about uranium? So there should soon be plentiful employment for people who know how to work a canary.

Anyway nobody really listens to what think tanks say. They only exist to create employment for specky folk who couldn't get into accounting.