New bike shop.

char1ie

I bought a bike from the new bike shop this weekend. I am really pleased with it and the owner fitted a child seat on the back for me. He also spent time with me demonstrating how to remove the seat and put it back on.

The service I had from the shop was excellent. I would recommend them.

Charlie has every right to tell us about his experiences in this - or any other - shop.

If I was looking for a bike shop, I'd want a rounded account of experiences, both good and bad... and this thread provides that.

Just because it's independant, local, blah blah doesn't mean it's exempt from criticism.

It's good to get a range of view points. I think everyone would agree that a new bike shop is a welcome addition to the area.

Reading the first post, I can't help feeling that it was crapping all over the shop and its owner. It's only one view, which is their right to express, but how constructive is that? Are they offering that view as a warning to others? Does it mean this bike shop is not worth visiting?

Have yet to go into the shop, but had a quick email reponse from the owner. Seems helpful.

wow - seems a bit strange that this thread of all the thousands should be the one where people seem so upset by differing experiences at a business!

I usually try and avoid posting anything negative about an establishment based one experience - if we were all judged so harshly by our employers for example we would be in trouble.

If I read such a post from a firt-time poster my "fake-dar" is hyper-alert

But in this case we have someone who has been posting for aaaages expressing an opinion - I can compare that with his many other opinions and weigh up the validity of it. I would prefer it was based on more than one experience but that could be just me. The opinions seemed fair and the owner responded well to them so I can't see too much to get fussed about. On balance I would be more inclined to use the shop now having read all the posts

hello chaps

im the manager of up and running down on grove vale - recentlky we have only been able to service bikes on fridays due to a lack of mechanics, but hopefully after i complete my citec scheme by the end of september, i should be able to take bikes in most days.

its also good to know we have a new cycle shop around the corner - better than sending people over dog kennel hill into camber well. :)

may see you soon.

jamie

• 2 weeks later...