> cartel. I cycle less than I'd like to precisely

> because my wife is scared of what might happen to

> me on the road. Feel free to go back over my old

> posts of you think in lying.

>

> BUT...as cyclists we must SHARE some of the space

> with pedastrians. It's a grey area, and I believe

> that - like the law of the sea - the bigger just

> always give way to smaller and more vulnerable.

>

> My beef with you is that you refuse to accept that

> cyclists have a duty in this respect. Stop trying

> to deflect the argument, and admit that.

Point me to one comment I have made that backs up your claim.

Just because I don't join in your mantra on this thread, doesn't mean I condone dangerous cycling on pavements. We are not a generic group and I do not have to lower my head just because another cyclist doesn't want attention drawn to them.

I've written pages on this subject in previous threads and frankly cannot be arsed continually repeating myself, only to get the same knee jerk responses from those who prefer us to risk out lives on dangerous roads than share space on the pavements.

If you are so interested in my opinion on cyclists, I suggest you trawl through my old posts and educate yourself on what my position actually is.

LD

P.s. Anyone who starts their communication with, "Right, listen up. As I said already..." is clearly so far up themselves that they can't hear anyone other than themselves anyway.

I'm a cyclist myself and I can sympathise with some of that side of the argument, but I've been forced to swerve or stop by other cyclists as well as by drivers and pedestrians not looking where they're going. Sometimes I think we all need to be clearer that if you're on the road you abide by the same rules as other road users and if you're on the pavement you go at walking pace. The rest is just manners.

I sent that PM before I posted that. Check the time stamps. Nice that you think it's ok to quote PM's.

You've totally - and intentionally - missed the point which I happen to think shows you to be the one up their own arse, and I reckon a few people on here agree.

Worst type of Internet troll you are.

Bye...

showboat Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And still refusing to accept that the cyclist

> needs show manners too.

And your posts are an example of showing manners are they? They seem incredibly rude and abusive to me.

> Of course we need a city that welcomes bikes in

> same manner as others round the globe, but it

> means the bike riders have to show the same

> courtesy to pedastrians that we demand car drivers

> show to everyone else.

Really?

According the RAC 84% of drivers admit to speeding a regular basis. Yet 93% think they are law abiding.

http://www.ctc.org.uk/blog/roger-geffen/rac-says-%E2%80%9Cdrivers-need-help%E2%80%9D-%E2%80%93-and-they%E2%80%99re-right

According to government data at any given point nearly half of car drivers are speeding in 30 zones - no doubt much more in 20 zones.

?Forty seven per cent of cars exceeded the speed limit on 30 mph roads in 2012, with 16 per cent travelling at 35 mph or more.?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/209104/free-flow-vehicle-speeds-2012.pdf

The respect, you claim, ?we demand car drivers show to everyone else? ? certainly isn't shown in either the data or your posts or other's posts on this forum.

Even on the link I and others have posted it clearly states that:

?In London (1998-2007), just 2% of pedestrian collision injuries on the pavement involved cycles; the other 98% involved motor vehicles.?

How is that consistent with your view that drivers are behaving in a safe and respectful manner?

Come on then - lets hear you condemnation of the 84% of drivers who think it perfectly acceptable to break the law on a regular basis!

If can?t then, I think, as you put it, will ?Have to go now and open a window; the stench of your hypocrisy is leaking out of my computer and fugging up the room...?

This thread isn't about car drivers, many of whom I think we all acknowledge drive badly and dangerously. It's about cyclists behaving dangerously.

It's just a little tedious and embarrassing that certain posters won't acknowledge that some cyclists are dicks.

edcam Wrote:

> This thread isn't about car drivers, many of whom

> I think we all acknowledge drive badly and

> dangerously. It's about cyclists behaving

> dangerously.

>

> It's just a little tedious and embarrassing that

> certain posters won't acknowledge that some

> cyclists are dicks.

Who on here has actually said that they refute the fact some cyclists are dicks?

Show me any post on here where anyone has said what you have just claimed.

edcam Wrote:

> This thread isn't about car drivers,

No it is about a someone seeing a tail end of a public barney on the street that possibly involved pavement cycling and then thinking it would be a good idea to drag on to the internet. A lesson for us all maybe.

Administrator Wrote:

> Posting a private message sent to you, without

> permission of the sender, is out of order.

>

> And these cycling threads become too personal.

> Discuss the topic not the individuals.

Can we have the ignore button back please?

henryb Wrote:

> edcam Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > This thread isn't about car drivers,

>

> No it is about a someone seeing a tail end of a

> public barney on the street that possibly involved

> pavement cycling and then thinking it would be a

> good idea to drag on to the internet. A lesson for

> us all maybe.

Not sure where you get the "probably" from, unless you're doubting the OP's word?

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> The OP dropped a controversial bomb, sat back and

> watched the resultant fire.

>

> No reason to believe the OP on that basis.

A "controversial bomb"? Hardly. The cyclist's behaviour as described was unacceptable. No reason to disbelieve them either. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that there are many antisocial cyclists, making life harder for everyone, not least other cyclists.