Recording Studio

Gabster

Very reasonable guy in Sydenham who has his own home built studio, am at work at the mo so don't have his contact details with me, will post them when I get home, did demo cd for a friend, sounded really professional and she was really impressed with how good he made her sound ha! quite cheap as well if I remember correctly, something like ?40-?50 for a CD of about 5 or 6 songs, though that was a while back, so you will have to check current prices. Sorry, he works from all kinds of backing tracks, I think my friend used mini disc backing tracks

If not, have you considered sharing studio time with someone else?

Thanks to you both....I am a songwriter....so just need some basic but good quality demos...I have finally come to the conclusion that my recording equipment would do better with Hugh Scully on an Antiques Roadshow...but ther is so much stuff out there now I would not know what to buy, so it's best if I leave it to the experts.

Good idea about sharing studio time...thanks Muffintop

Thank you, all of you for your suggestions....

Jeremy thank you for you offer, kind sir! I will take you up on it! I have a yamaha MT50, yamaha - can't remember the number of the top of my head- reverb unit, denon DR550 for the mix, an 18th century version of Cubase, 2 archeic mics (Hama)and not much else, so as you can guess, the mix leaves alot to be desired!

Any equipment from this millenium or advice would be gladly welcome!

Well, my setup is far from a pro studio - I have an Akai digital 16 track recorder, focusrite pre-amp/compressor, Rode, AKG and Shure mics. So it's a reasonable "project studio" standard - and *just about* from this millenium. I only use Cubase for midi sequencing, not for audio recording... I just find it too unreliable (plus I don't have a proper soundcard anyway - maybe one day I'll join the 21st century and get a MOTU setup or something). I've recorded lots of bands before, and one or two solo singer/songwriters. I used to charge ?50 for a day of recording... I've not done it for a couple of years, but would be up for giving it a go if either of you guys were interested.

I am a producer and have a studio in East Dulwich. It is predominantly a mixing studio but if you are just wanting to record voice and guitar and then layer on top I could help you do a quality demo. I don't have racks of outboard gear as I work digitally but the results I can produce will speak for themselves. PM me if you're still looking and are interested!