pigeons go on the pill

Azul

Maybe what Azul is implying is that they should be introduced/forced to some sort of birth control... as there are so many of them around & it can be very annoying...

By the way does anyone know how to get rid of them? Right above my bedroom window has become somesort of hotpoint where a small community seems to gather every single morning... cooing, shi$$ing and doing all sorts that I don?t even want to think of ... it is just getting out of hand...

Where I'm from, we used to be able to buy these big plastic predatory looking models of owls - kind of like the scarecrow effect for crows. We'd plop it on the roof somewhere and you wouldn't see anymore pigeons or other birds for that matter. I have never seen these things in the UK, but if they exist, they really work.

*Edited for the use of too many adjectives

Nahhh Moos, don't credit me for that! I was just trying to found a way to link this thread to the pigeon prob I am current having & hopefully find a solution... reading it again I think you input has so much more logic...

Moos Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> perhaps by 'bathed' Azul was referring to some

> pigeon lovin'.

>

Big thanks Candj ? I will certainly look into it.

Re-edited due to poor grammar....

Look at these beauties...

posh and beaks

On the flip side, a few years ago Westminster Council were shooting pigeons with some sort of air rifle. My husband's office is in St. James's and we would go to work finding pigeon parts all over the pavements and alleys. Not at all pleasant and I think I'd rather have live pigeons crowding the pavements rather than a set of bloodied wings at the doorstep. yuck!

Note: This has since stopped, for all you animal lovers out there! :)

candj Wrote:

Look at these beauties posh and beaks>

On the flip side, a few years ago Westminster Council were shooting pigeons with some sort of air rifle. My husband's office is in St. James's and we would go to work finding pigeon parts all over the pavements and alleys. Not at all

pleasant and I think I'd rather have live pigeons crowding the pavements rather than a set of bloodied wings at the doorstep. yuck!

Maybe the Guys were "reclaiming" St.James's.

Organising a coup,in fact:))

p.s. A little "Poetic Licence" required...:)

I was once taken on a school trip to the National Portrait Gallery and had the unexpected joy of watching a trained Harris Hawk rip the heads off the pigeons in Trafalgar Square. Needless to say, at the age of about nine, we found it far more exciting than the prospect of just walking around looking at drawings.