Colin - Local handyman.

colin d.

Yet another glowing recommendation for Colin! After being turned down by other handymen and a few extortionate quotes, Colin came and started work on the front of our house. He repaired the coving around the door, painted the door, step and bay window. He fixed the wall and honestly the house looks so great! He did a really great job and was very supportive throughout, giving me advice on which paint to buy and sometimes even fetching the materials himself.

He also did some work in the garden, fixed the shed, jetwashing, painting the wall.

All of this comes with a smile! Very trustworthy too.

• 2 months later...

Hi, Another top recommendation for Colin!

He has recently completed a lot of work in my home, such as tiling, wallpapering, painting walls and ceilings, hanging shelves, you name it. He has done a few rooms in my home now. He is very reasonable, and his work is very good. I'm well impressed! He's also a very nice guy! I will definitely be using him again when very soon.. Oh, I also gave him my house keys everyday, very trustworthy :-)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Colin - he has repainted the walls and ceiling of our very large living/kitchen/dining room. Done an excellent job, advised us on paint, finished when he said he would and the place looks fab! He is also a pleasure to work with, lovely man.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Thank Goodness for Colin! I texted him yesterday about a faulty overflow pipe at a flat that we rent and he was over there this morning to sort it out for us (having picked up the keys from the estate agents en route). He?s great - honest, reliable, good value and lovely with it.

• 2 months later...

Colin has just sorted out my wooden bike shed which was much in need of putting back together .Same with our side entrance .

He was quick and resourceful - always able to find a soloution to a problem ( our neighbour doesn't like to have anything touching his property and this makes securing things difficult ) - cheerful and very reasonable .

07754 691541

• 1 month later...
A few years ago Colin put up a large area of decking. Last week he maintained it as usual by cleaning, pressure washing and varnishing it. Prompt and reliable as always and decking looking great. I would always recommend Colin for any jobs that need doing, he has never let me down.

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to write another shout out for brilliant Colin the Handyman - he came to do some work for me on Friday and he was just fantastic. Within a minute of walking into my house he had taken apart my faulty fire alarm to fix (it had just broken that morning and not what he was actually there to do) and this just totally sums him up - totally old school hard working mentality - professional, on time and nothing was too much trouble! I had asked him to put a load of flat pack Ikea together furniture for me - not the most exciting job to do in the hottest weather ever and he just totally cracked on.. in five hours he managed to build four book cases, two massive sofas, a large glass coffee table, smaller side table, an arm chair, a racking unit for my larder - he also broke down all the cardboard and managed to get the waste collected for me (along with my old sofa). Totally exceeded my expectations!

Would 110% recommend Colin for all your handyman need - hardworking, trustworthy and just a thoroughly good bloke! His number is tel:07754691541

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Just wanted to add a glowing endorsement of Colin's superb handyman services here.

We had a number of small-ish jobs needing doing and were looking for someone who could fill the void when a great man we'd used over many years sadly passed away.

After searching the forum, we messaged two or three handymen we'd found recommended on here: only Colin replied promptly with his rates and offering times he could do.

We needed some flat-pack furniture assembling, a glass bathroom shelf re-fixing and a couple of loose skirting boards made good.

Colin did it all within an hour for a very reasonable fee.

He was reliable, punctual and very easy to deal with: texting him is the best approach given how busy he is 07754 691 541.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would also like to recommend Colin as a handyman. Colin came to help me with some odd jobs in my flat and I found him to be a very nice and friendly person who is hardworking, resourceful and reliable. He was also quick to respond to text messages and reasonably priced. I was very happy with the work he did and would definitely use him again.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Another recommendation for Colin.

Colin has just completed painting my whole one bedroom flat to a very high standard, this has included the entrance hallway, living room, bedroom, kitchen - all walls ceiling and woodwork. He also undertook new kitchen tiling and is coming back in the new year to do more bathroom tiling and painting once we plumb in a new shower.

Thank you Colin - excellent work.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone - and Colin.

New to the forum.

I'm trying to track down Colin the handyman who used to work with Mark - maybe 10 years ago.

He did great work for us in the garden and in the house, but have lost his contact details.

Is this the same Colin? Hope so.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...