Mr Liu's chinese restaurant

edanna

I agree Mr.Liu's has great fried noodles, or they did when I ordered from them a year or so ago. One of my favorites, which hasn't been mentioned yet, is Cafe Noodle. In fact, I switched from Mr. Liu to Cafe Noodle and the latter is great. I've eaten a lot cf chinese food in my time and apart from one of my favorites in Canada, Cafe Noodle has the best chicken balls ever. The batter is really light and crispy and they never disappoint. The noodles aren't as good as Mr.Liu but the fried chicken balls make up for it.

Both my partner and I had acute diarrhoea (sp?) within an hour of eating at Cafe Noodle, if we're talking about the tiny caff at the police station end of Lordship Lane, and we had different dishes, wouldn't go back, would have reported it to the Public Health people if I could have been arsed :-$

kford - I think I went to Mr Liu's once on the basis of your lotus leaf rice recommendation. That dish is not lotus leaf rice. It's pre cooked fried rice that's then wrapped in a lotus leaf. Someone mentioned Dragon Castle. Now that place does proper, seriously good lotus leaf rice that's actually steamed so the flavour of the lotus leaf gets into all the rice and meat. Mmmm.

Gotta say I love Mr.Luis - consistent standard (not claiming to be chinese gormet, chinese staple and I think it's great) for use as a takeaway, and went in for the first time in ages the other week and thought it was lovely service, tho a bit over-stretched. But then that was because it was packed, which is another good sign, as is the fact that it's been there for ages.