EDF Drinks - Friday 7th November at Hoopers

georgia

Damn! A week before pay day. Now, what with this credit crunch and whatnot I'm having to do some severe belt tightening. In fact my belt is now so tight I can barely breath. I want to go this as I haven't been in what used to be the Ivanhoe in 20 years and it looks very nice in there now, although the previous place wasn't bad, just a bit empty. Anyway, we'll see.

Well, I was going just on postcode. Although Copleston Road (I always think Copleston Copleston Copleston pie.. not quite right I know but can't help it) is just over the tracks and that's Peckham. And East Dulwich station is just a hop, skip and a jump away!

However, I'm happy to be corrected.

Giles would never set foot anywhere outside East Dulwich, serious issues with Agoraphobia that boy!!

So it's usually just a matter of lying to him, Estate Agents' blurb being very useful in that respect, I fully plan to get him north of the river on the strength of a Foxton's East Dulwich brochure alone one day

Goodness me, what a lot of threatened self-harm on the Forum today. Stop it you lot.

I don't think anyone was querying why we should go to the Hoopers, were they? It's just that it's a bit pretentious to say you're in ED* when you're in Camberwell or Peckham.

*and before I was aware of the Forum, I must admit I thought ED was just a quite nice inexpensive suburb. Now of course I have been educated and know it's an overpriced Nirvana.

Edited to put the 'a' in educated.....

Hey the Goose has a Hallowe'en night - e'en, even - at Hoopers the previous Friday :)

Not that I'm taking any opportunity to promote our events, at all :)

Siobhan Parr (aka Shivers) and Ain - both brilliant.

And to get back on topic - for once, the Goose at Hoopers doesn't clash with the forum drinks, hurrah!!!!

• 3 weeks later...