Recommendation for plumber:

Called Danny this morning - really helpful on the phone. Came round this afternoon and did a great job at a good price. Very happy with his work and professionalism. Would happily recommend him and will use him for sure next time we need a plumber. 07879 220447

I wouldn't recommend Danny, unless you want someone to do half a job, take the money, never come back but make multiple appointments that he never turns up to, wasting your time. Seems all these positive reviews above must be referring to a different, perhaps imaginary, plumber.

Check the other thread on Danny the Plumber that reflect my (real) experience of using Danny.

Just as I was about to add my bad experience with Danny, I read nespresso comments. I had a very similar experience - the guy came, "fixed" my leakage and charged me a lot which I didn't question because my leakage was going to my neighbour and I wanted to get fixed as soon as possible.

It turns out that, instead of fixing the issue (which was basically changing a damaged bath waste into a new one - something that I now know), Danny put loads of silicone around the bath waste.

As a result, the bath started to leak a few days later and the silicone came out. I tried to contact him many times and just heard excuses. Just like nespresso, I arranged his return many times just to left there waiting for him at home.

After more than a week without a functioning shower, I had to go to someone else who not only fixed the problem bu charged me significantly less.

Hope you find this useful.

Please don't employ this plumber!

Got him in on recommendation from a friend (one of the lucky ones where he finished the job), but he left our toilet in bits promising to come back the next day to finish off. Took payment( and he wasn't cheap!) then stopped answering calls and only got in touch with him when calling from a different number. As with other posts we have been fobbed off with various excuses and he has never returned.

I would definitely not recommend Danny or Daniel. This appears to be the same company as Dulwich plumbing and heating, (the mobile number is the same). We called him out over the new year as our heating was not working. He sent a guy over promptly but he clearly had no idea what he was doing, took various bits off our boiler and then left saying we needed to buy some expensive parts and probably had a leak. We duly bought the parts, but not trusting Daniel's employee, employed another company despite already having paid Daniel for the job. They fixed the problem with no need for parts and had no idea why Daniels guy had removed and not replaced the parts that he did.

We discussed this with Daniel and he kindly agreed to reimburse us. Unfortunately, despite promising us on three separate occasions, has still not returned our money or our messages. His excuses ranged from being on holiday, lost phone, short of money etc etc.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a similar very poor experience with Danny so definitely won't be using again. He identified what he thought was the problem, which involved quite a lot of work, ensured I paid (a fairly large amount) by BACS and promised an invoice by return, which never came. Although he did fix my leaking taps, the problem I had got him in to fix was not solved by the work he did, which I only discovered after I had paid (I should have checked first but I trusted the reviews on here). He offered to come back the next Saturday to look at the problem again but never did, and ceased to reply to texts.