Sash Window Restoration - Sundial Property Services

wiggie

From time to time we take out perfectly good original sash windows and replace them with wooden double glazed units.

We currently have a number of these which I'd like to offer free of charge to gardeners and allotments. I'll deliver as I prefer to see them recycled, rather than go into landfill.

Steve - 07966 493 641

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd like to recommend Steve and his team at Sundial for sash window restoration. They recently refurbished our downstairs windows and fitted new double glazed sashes into the original frames in the bedrooms. Greg and Luke, who did the job were polite and thoroughly professional. I was particularly pleased with how they cleared up before they left each day.

The windows look great and all the old rattles and draughts are gone. I have no hesitation in recommending Steve

0845 680 0366 - www.sundialps.co.uk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd also like to recommend Steve and his team at Sundial. They recently replaced 7 sash windows for us with Slimlite double glazing. We had several quotes before deciding to go with Steve - his quote was competitive and the slimline glazing meant we were able to retain the original look of the Victorian windows while still massively improving noise and heat retention.

Luke and his colleague did a fantastic job, stripping back and restoring the sills and boxes, installing the new units, and painting both. We also asked them to paint the external masonry while they were there, and to repair and paint another window, all of which they did well despite working in our south facing rooms during the heatwave. The windows look fantastic and no more rattling. While for us the quality of the work is the most important factor, it was so lovely to come across a team who were pleasant to have in the house. They were always friendly and helpful, planning their work around my need for access to my home office, cleaning up very well every day and storing tools safely out of the way of children. I'm recommending them to everyone!

• 5 weeks later...
I highly recommend Steve at Sundials. He and his team replaced my old uPVC windows with beautiful wooden sash windows in my Victorian terrace. They have transformed the look of the house - even my neighbours have complimented me. He did it at a reasonable cost, and the men who came daily to work were polite, tidy, and very considerate. I enjoyed having them working there. If you want to see photos, or message me, then do. Thanks Steve!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The craftsmanship of Steve?s team at Sundial is unparalleled.

They restored our 16 Edwardian sash windows from shabby, ill-fitting and very draughty to flawless, snug and very smart.

Steve?s team, led by Luke, were great to have working in the house. Not only did they tidy up every day they also took huge care of our possessions - protecting things and putting them back in place when they had finished. Luke communicated really well throughout and they completed on time and on budget.

The result is the work of skilled perfectionists and far exceeds our expectations. We feel very lucky.

We recently had all of our sash windows throughout our property restored by Steve and his team and couldn't recommend them highly enough. They were always punctual and very polite, and really respected our home. We have a little toddler and they were extremely accommodating of this in terms of paint fumes and noise made during certain hours of the day. The finish and quality of the work completed is also fantastic and we are so pleased with the end result, they clearly take a lot of pride in their work and are very knowledgeable about it. Thanks again Steve and his team.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Steve's excellent team have just refurbished 15 of our sash windows and we are delighted with the work. Echoing what everyone else has said, Luke and the others were always courteous, communicative, and happy to work around our daily lives. The house was left tidy and secure every evening and all the windows now look wonderful and work perfectly. Highly recommended!

We?ve just had a great experience with Steve and his team at Sundial windows. From initial interaction and quote, to scheduling in the job, to carrying out the work, to the finished windows. I?ve never actually met a tradesman so proactively good at keeping in touch re when can schedule in work and confirming timelines. We are delighted with our windows and couldn?t recommend the team highly enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Our friends recommended Sundial Property Services but I also had another two companies quote to refurbish seven of our sash windows for completeness. I went with Steve's quote because I thought it was the most thorough of the three - he actually explained in detail what the refurbishment process would involve while the other just skimmed over it - and then answered my many, many questions very well. In particular, I liked the fact Steve planned to use waxed cotton cords over cheaper polyester or nylon (which the other companies quoted) and the fact he planned two undercoats and one top coat instead of the lesser number of coats quoted by the others. From small details like those, I had a feeling Sundial's was going to be quality work.

What I didn't appreciate then was what a labour of love refurbishing sash windows is for Sundial... Irek and Dawid were the most patient and meticulous tradespeople I think I have ever had in my house. The windows, to quote Steve, were in sound but neglected condition (painted shut, cracking paint, broken panes, rotten window sills) but after the many, many hours the guys spent on them, they look magnificent and the rooms are noticeably less draughty. Other posters have mentioned how courteous and tidy the guys were around the house and I would agree with all of that, but what I really liked was their attitude, which was professional and focused the entire time.

We still have another twelve windows to work on and I have already asked Sundial back during the summer to complete them. Clearly, then, I am very happy to recommend them.

Our friends recommended Sundial Property Services but I also had another two companies quote to refurbish seven of our sash windows for completeness. I went with Steve's quote because I thought it was the most thorough of the three - he actually explained in detail what the refurbishment process would involve while the others just skimmed over it - and then answered my many, many questions very well. In particular, I liked the fact Steve planned to use waxed cotton cords over cheaper polyester or nylon (which the other companies quoted) and the fact he planned two undercoats and one top coat instead of the lesser number of coats quoted by the others. From small details like those, I had a feeling Sundial's was going to be quality work.

What I didn't appreciate then was what a labour of love refurbishing sash windows is for Sundial... Irek and Dawid were the most patient and meticulous tradespeople I think I have ever had in my house. The windows, to quote Steve, were in sound but neglected condition (painted shut, cracking paint, broken panes, rotten window sills) but after the many, many hours the guys spent on them, they look magnificent and the rooms are noticeably less draughty. Other posters have mentioned how courteous and tidy the guys were around the house and I would agree with all of that, but what I really liked was their attitude, which was professional and focused the entire time.

We still have another twelve windows to work on and I have already asked Sundial back during the summer to complete them. Clearly, then, I am very happy to recommend them.

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to add in our recommendation for Sundial properties for anyone who is looking into new sash windows/replacement windows.

We had 7 windows to address in our house- all in what we thought were terrible condition and feared would need replacing completely. We reached out to Steve and a number of other local companies to get an idea of what was needed and were bowled over with Steve's explanation and detailed understanding of sash windows.

He was the only one to suggest keeping the frames and gave us the option of refurbishing the sashes or replacing with new sashes and slimlite double glazing. In the end we went for replacing the sashes with double glazing as we had a lot of broken panes and rotten sashes. I seriously couldn't be happier with this choice - saving and restoring 100+ year frames instead of chucking them out and lovingly replacing them with sashes that match perfectly and keep in the heat!

From start to finish, Steve and his team showed true craftmanship - refurbishing the frames to an incredible standard and fitting the new sashes seamlessly. The guys were courteous and tidy - completing the work in the time that they said.

• 4 months later...
A very Happy New Year to all my past & future clients in Dulwich and the surrounding areas. We have a very busy 1st quarter coming up in 2020, most of which involves replacing single glazed sashes with double glazed. This means we will have a lot of old sash windows in perfectly sound condition, which I'd like to offer to anyone who could make use of them, FOC. Happy to deliver. Please get in touch via the website www.sundialps.co.uk or call me on 07966 493 641 - All the best for 2020 - Steve

• 1 month later...
Sash window refurbishment is a far superior & cheaper alternative to replacement & Steve and his team really know how to go about it. They did a wonderful job at our house - professional, efficient and very considerate: the neatest, tidiest workmen we have ever dealt with. They were also very friendly and easy to get on with.? Our refurbished windows are fantastic and we would highly recommend them to anyone looking to give new life to their old sashes.

• 1 month later...

Another glowing review for Steve. During lockdown my sash window gave into rot leaving a gaping hole at the top of the window. I contacted Steve, who wasn't working at the time as per government guidelines. I expressed concern that I had a female tenant in the flat who was her on her own, and the window wasn't completely safe. He immediately called her, went to the flat the next morning, and secured the window so she felt safe. A true gentleman. And he wouldn't even accept any money from me. If only all trades people were this brilliant.

www.sundialps.co.uk

07966 493 641

• 4 weeks later...
Steve and his team helped me out when my husband and I couldn?t close our newly installed sash windows. The company who installed the windows were closed due to Covid19, I texted Steve at 8pm one evening on the off chance he may be able to assist with the problem. He called me back immediately and sent one of his team around the following day. They quickly fixed the problem and were very polite. I would highly recommend Steve and his team, we will he using them in the future to paint our sash Windows.

• 1 month later...
Steve did an excellent job replacing / repairing the sash windows in my flat too. He was really helpful in working to my time scale, started and finished the job on time and left the flat clean and tidy. I highly recommend him.

• 4 months later...
Highly recommend Sundial Property Services (07966493641) for sash window refurbishment. We did a lot of research, looking at various different companies, and Steve and his team offered the most complete service at a competitive price. Lukas stripped the windows right back to the wood, replaced any rotten elements, putty and cracked glass, keeping the original Victorian glass where he could. David then re-painted the windows beautifully, and replaced the window furniture with more secure locks and fasteners. Some of our sash windows didn?t open before their work, and now do, which is great. Steve was very attentive, managing the job throughout and always available to answer any questions and provide updates. Lukas and David were a pleasure to have around, and put in a huge amount of time and care to get our windows working and looking great. We?re delighted with the result.