New vacuum cleaner - Sebo, Miele or Dyson? Upright or cylinder?

Love my Henry too. All professional office cleaners seem to have Henrys and I figure what's good enough for them... Also as a previous poster noted it has a long hose and lead which means you don't have to lug it about much (one drawback is it's quite heavy but then I think they all are). We've had ours well over a decade and never had any problems.

Hi

I agree with all the Henry posts. I have had mine for 12 years and still going strong. Can I ask though - does anyone else find him a bit cumbersome ? I keep mine in the cupboard under the stairs and find carting it round the house a bit of a pain. Or is that just me ?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

The latest Dyson cordless V10 is very expensive (relative to other cleaners) but has great reviews.

I have been watching YouTube videos of it (sad I know) as I am thinking of biting the bullet and buying one.

There are three versions of it, which seem to differ only in their colour (purple, gold or red) and the accessories they come with - which may be important to you depending on what you want to use the cleaner for, eg there is a dedicated head for hard floors.

The stick part also comes off so you can use it as a hand-held cordless for cars etc, though I guess most of them must do that.

ETA: I'd be a bit wary of clicking on the link in the post above, this person has only just joined the forum and made two posts, both about vacuum cleaners ..... profuse apologies if the two posts are from a genuine poster.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> We've had a basic Miele for 10 years. Brilliant

> hoover. Wouldn't touch Dyson crap with a barge

> pole. Junk.

Which and other reviews don't seem to think the Dyson cordless hoovers are junk!

I agree Miele are good -I have had one in the past - but to the best of my knowledge they don't make cordless models.

LauraHW Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Henry definitely. Much better than previous Dyson.

> Plus James Dyson is a complete tw*t so wouldn't

> want any more money to go his way!

Love it Laura! I used to like my Dyson, but wouldn't buy one again because of Mr D.'s view on Brexit and the working hours directive.

• 2 weeks later...