The 2014 World Cup thread

????

Elbowing goes on in football. This we know when refs see it it's punished

But anyone who is claiming biting is just another " thing " is just way off

"Holier than thou". Can you back that up in any way anansfield. Because equating biting with elbowing isn't really a thing. As people have tried to explain at length.

FFS She didn't.

You've decided what she and all Liverpool fans think and are doing pretty well at putting words in to their mouths, so what's the point even bothering.

Your posts suggest to me that you're actually quite please Liverpool are going to get their's too for having supported their player rightly or wrongly. Go ahead call me a victim.

Actually Liverpool may have benefitted from his ban. He is less of an attractive option to those with the money to buy him. He isn?t available to play until October. Thus he is likely to stay at Liverpool and not have to make all those long journeys to South America for international matches.

Elbowing is potentially dangerous, biting probably not so, more of a shock. He has a problem but so do most of us in one way or another.

You are a victim.

As a player he bears the responsibility of his own actions and the consequences of such - to himself, his country AND the people who train him, pay his wages and who alledgely shipped him off to an analyst the last time he snacked on someone.

Him and him alone.

FIFA were completely right on this.

The ban on all football related activity means he can't train with Liverpool until late October either -

I think FIFA might have included a 'get counselling' clause that could lift the ban earlier because now he has no incentive to sort out that part of him which is clearly a bit bonkers

Still expect Uruguay to appeal to FIFA and if unsuccessful, to the CAS and to try and get a stay-of-execution before a hearing n Switzerland.

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tell us Anna. Why might that be? Lest anyone put

> words in your mouth

>

> And "holier than thou ". Where does that come

> from again ?

Because fans in this country despite claims of disgrace and morality actually couldn't really give a shit if he plays for Uruguay or not, just so long as he isn't beating their team in the PL.

Nothing anti Liverpool, just pro their own teams.

I'm certain you are well above all that though.

Suarez's ban didn't extend to international duty last time presumably because he was banned by the FA/Premier League, the body which had jurisdiction over him given he did it in a league match. Don't think they have power to ban players from international games. This happened on Fifa's watch, who have jurisdiction over all levels of football. I'm not saying he shouldn't have been banned from international duty also, but there seem to be logical (or at least procedural) reasons why he wasn't.

The punishment could have been harsher also, given it's the third time he has done it. For screamingly obvious reasons, a repeat offence almost always attracts a harsher punishment than the last time.

Looking at it narrowly you could say that Liverpool are collateral damage in all this, however, given that they have witnessed his antics first hand on more than one previous occasion, and inexplicably (and embarrassingly) stood by him, it could be said that another ban was only a matter of time. Brought into sharper focus of course given that they were legally obliged to sell him in the summer and decided not to. I'm not saying it's karmic but I certainly don't think anyone will feel sorry for LFC.

And in any case, surely he is ten times more likely to stay at Liverpool now because of this.

"I'm certain you are well above all that though."

snidey comment Otta - what are you saying?

When I condemn Suarez now (and last summer when I said I hope we don't sign him) are you saying I am above all that or that you don't believe I am above all that & that I'm only saying it because "Nothing anti Liverpool, just pro their own teams. "

which is it?

i saw he was a loose cannon long before this, have been consistent in that view and am using his latest episode to repeat why he is a loose cannon and deserves the ban. Why is that a problem? Why do you say you're sure I'm above this?

Anna saying why aren't people talking about neymar's elbow? Because normally they would be BUT SOME IDIOT TOOK A BITE OUT OF SOMEONE FOR THE THIRD TIME IN RECENT YEARS. Do you not see why they aren't comparable?

What Anna was saying (I think) is that this will go on and on and other dodgy offences will go unnoticed / commented on.

That isn't the same as comparing an elbow to a bite.

Perhaps this is why this sort of thing doesn't work omin this format. This is a discussion for a pub, not one where comments can be misconstrued.

Suarez will use this to try and get to Spain, I even wondered today whether he had this weird twisted plan all along (although that would seem insane, but is that such a stretch when it's him?).

Will Spain want him now, though?

The next time he does it - and I personally think he will - would result in a lengthy, lengthy ban. A season, perhaps.

As an aside, isn't the spray a damn fine idea.

It's a wicked idea.

Spain won't want him for the fee he'd have commanded three days ago, but reckon someone would take a punt on a player of his quality for a knock down fee which Liverpool may be happy to cut their losses and accept...

At the start of the week I think he'd have rivalled the bale fee. Now maybe 50m? I don't know of course, will just have to see how it comes out in the wash.