New York with a toddler??

Hello

We're taking our son to New York this August for a few days. He'll be 3. I've only ever been to New York before as a free and excited no-ties adult focusing on drinking and shopping and late-night adventures, so I'm clueless about what we might do with a toddler and how to make the best of the city for all of us. Any advice, hints and recommendations?

x

I went with my daughter when she was about three. Take a light weight stroller for walking. We enjoyed Central Park, some of the museums, Brooklyn (there's a childrens museum there), walking over Brooklyn bridge. Next time I would probably go on one of those boat trips (quite cheesy) but a good way to see Statue of Liberty, sky line etc. I will post some more ideas as I think of them, but on the whole had a really great trip. Easy to eat out and navigate yourself around the city, transport cheap and easy.

I've taken kids there twice and second some of those recommendations, particularly Central Park Zoo. I don't know what your budget is, but we've stayed at the Hotel Giraffe, and it was fantastic. It has suites for very little less than a room (I did a quick search just now and a suite was $20 more a night in August) so you all get a better night's sleep. It has a free, very nice breakfast which makes mornings easier, and it also offers free(!) wine for two hours every evening, which means you can unwind at the end of a long day!