Yummy mummy vs tart

jackangel

jackangel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Family Sunday lunch. You know what it's like.

> Can anyone help settle the argument: what are the

> differences between a "yummy mummy" and a "tart"?

A very silly tone of voice from YM or MILF as they used to be known

I know the OP is just a wind-up, but I've been growing increasingly sick of this "yummy mummy" crap for a while now... reading between the lines, there's an implication that once a woman has had children, she should start dressing in frumpy clothes and abandon her social life.

Good grief - this thread started in the depths of the pages of Viz and has moved to the depths of the Guardian-style-feminist opinion writer.

Surely there has to be a intelligent debate somewhere in the middle?

simonethebeaver Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm a 'Guardian-style-feminist' quite proudly. Why does that preclude intelligent debate?

Frankly, it's the sexist hypocrisy of the Guardian that irks me. Why would you want to publically align yourself with that? The Daily Mail and the Gruin are, opinion article-wise, the same newspaper.

The Gruin's outstanding journalism is generally seriously let down by its awful op-eds.

I'm a feminist. You mentioned the Guardian, and I have no particular issue with its stance on feminist issues in general.

You're ignoring the question of what sort of intelligent debate this question can engender. What's the difference between a facile, misogynistic generalisation, and an outright insult?

Anyone who says that they don;t see an issue with Guardian feminst writers need to have a serious good look at themselves, especially if you can't see the abject sexism of Guardian op-eds. It's view of men and women is pretty appalling. Feminism is supposed to be about equality.

Oh, I just said there we should be able to have intelligent debate inside those two unintelligent parameters. Not necessarily on this particular subject.

So now can you explain why you aren't embarrassed to align yourself with a such sexist view of feminism?

Abject sexism of guardian op eds?

I'm sure you can provide links loz

"It's view of men and women is pretty appalling."

They publish Julie bindel and Tanya gold so I'm never going to agree with them. But in comparison to the weirdness do the DM they are as nothing. They are columnists who live and die by their opinions. Not the same as rank and file churnalism rife at the mail

Is there a guardian equivalent to this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2663060/Eva-Longoria-displays-figure-summer-chic-ensemble-reads-newspaper.html

Woman? With beauty? And brains? Brains because she reads a newspaper???

StraferJack's definition sounds about right- both these terms and various others are the modern day equivalent of a chastity belt.

But just to confuse the issue, if the lady in question does not do what the man wants she is then classified as 'frigid'.

And...the ridiculous footwear that women are expected to wear in order to look 'fashionable' is the modern day equivalent of foot-binding!