Rebekah Brooks cleared, Andy Coulson found guilty........

Jah Lush

david_carnell Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > ..or if the left doesn't like you you're guilty

> > whatever? :)

>

> Do you not get bored?

Nope, there's hours of fun in 'liberal' hypocracy

???? Wrote:

> david_carnell Wrote:

> -----

> > ???? Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > ..or if the left doesn't like you you're

> guilty

> > > whatever? :)

> >

> > Do you not get bored?

>

> Nope, there's hours of fun in 'liberal' hypocracy

Are you typing that wearing a tin foil hat? Have you started referring to NuLiebour?

I know. It was the reference to "liberal hypocracy[sic]" - it's the sort of weird nonsense one reads on the Telegraph and Guido Fawkes comment boards. Along with "libtards".

For all you shriek about being stereotyped you do a damn fine job of it yourself slinging around phrases like that.

I would just think all that indignation is exhausting.

I just think this is a weird place for it. Or do all right leaning people think she was innocent and all leftys think guilty? Doubt it.

She acted like a cunt and is walking away unscathed. What is liberal about that opinion?

" What is liberal about that opinion?"

i agree with you Otta - but for some people, they will have had a peek at the social media they claim to despise, seen some of "the usual names" decry the decision and think "fire up the Guido Fawkes machine, I'm taking her for a spin"

Sigh....the decendance in to left/ right rhetoric again - so lazy. People on both the right and left are able to buy influence, if they have connections and enough money. We will never know for sure if a legal team with high connections within a government and the establishment had any influence in determining a not guilty verdict - but one would think, given the nature of the case, it was always going to lead to questions of corruption using a legal team like that.

Couldn't agee more on the right/left thing sooooooo old skoool. In my mind I am a socially liberal, economically dryish pragmatist. Not left wing or right wing...those are boxes for other people to put themselves in as far as I can see.

I am just always tickled (rather than angry, honest) at the small time hypocracy (sic) and manifest inconsitsencies of many of those (and on the whole I don't mean people on here, honest) that consider themselves 'liberal' and 'progressive'; social media does illustate this splendidly of course, if not i wouldn't bother with it at all :)

I read the Guardian article. Whilst it is unbdoubtedly true that cash buys you better lawyers and better lawyers buy you a more thorough defence, the article also ackowledged that the case against Brooks was weak (she got off) and the case aginst Coulson was strong (he went down). I didn't find that too surprising.

"We will never know for sure if a legal team with high connections within a government and the establishment had any influence in determining a not guilty verdict - but one would think, given the nature of the case, it was always going to lead to questions of corruption using a legal team like that"

I don't understand this at all? What are the connections between the legal team within government? What questions of corruption?

The case was weak because of the passage of time as far as I can tell. So fair enough, she couldn't be proven guilty and walked.

Still annoying though when it is so obvious.

Oh well.

As am aside, I've never put myself in a left / right box either, and I try to be realistic, but I am a pretty bleeding heart so I get called lefty a lot.

DaveR Wrote:

>

> "We will never know for sure if a legal team with

> high connections within a government and the

> establishment had any influence in determining a

> not guilty verdict - but one would think, given

> the nature of the case, it was always going to

> lead to questions of corruption using a legal team

> like that"

>

> I don't understand this at all? What are the

> connections between the legal team within

> government? What questions of corruption?

I think the writer was possibly alluding to the fact the Prime Minister's barrister brother headed up the legal chambers that represented Rebecca Brooks.