Is it just me or are the East Dulwich buses worse since Boris got in?

James

Remember how good it was when Ken was still in charge? I can't believe how Boris has got away with it. Everything ran on time when Ken was in charge, I never experienced any delays and my buses always turned up on time, were driven smoothly and considerately and there were never ANY delays on any of the Tubes. Nowadays 90% of the buses have been scrapped and 95% of the Tubes in some kind of stealth cutback and we are not supposed to notice this.

Shall we start a coup to try and reinstate Ken? I'm sick of this!

"Is it just me or are the East Dulwich buses worse since Boris got in?" GET OVER IT! THEY ARE AS BAD AS THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.

Scottfield, whoa, easy tiger - reality is that the buses are far worse at the moment than they were when Ken was in power. This may have nothing whatsoever to do with Boris - it might be a coincidence of road works all over town, at a push you might even say that Ken could have sabotaged them on the way out to make blondie look bad.

But they are worse, and Boris is no fan of the buses, so think the question is fair enough.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> dukesdenver - I'm sure you were rather cheesed

> off, but I can't understand why anyone would get

> the bus home from Monument, when you're just a 5

> min walk from London Bridge station?

xxxxx

Well it's cheaper for a start .... and you can use your Oyster card ....

RosieH Wrote:

> reality is that the

> buses are far worse at the moment than they were

> when Ken was in power.

>

> But they are worse, and Boris is no fan of the

> buses, so think the question is fair enough.

Can you supply your evidence? I've never had a problem with the buses once.

If i had kept a log of waiting times a year ago, and maintained it up to today I could indeed supply evidence

I have said many times it may have nothing to do with Boris and most people on here would probably agree - so painting us al las loony Ken fans isn't very helpful

But I can tell you that waiting times are definitely longer. The window between 7 and 7:30 am saw a 40 bus start it's journey from the library every 5 minutes. Of late I have waited 10-15 minutes most mornings. They wait until there are 3 or 4 backed up before setting off now

Hi,

The busses are getting worse, this is due to the high cost of fuel, so they are standing down busses wheras before they would run them at half capacity.

Clearly Boris does not have input in the day to day management of transport as they are different providers, but as Mayor he can oversee matters, if the situation becomes dire he can act.

Look at it this way... I waited one hour fifty minutes for my roast chicken to cook, can he, as Mayor, speed up the roasting process for me?

Its back in your court.

Regards,

Libra Carr.

Jeremy Wrote:

> Around ?2 for a 15 min journey on the train, and

> you know when the next one's coming... vs ?1 for a

> 45 min journey on the bus, and you have to stand

> in the cold without any idea how long you'll be

> there? Still, each to their own...

xxxxxx

The actual train journey might be 15 minutes (Ithink it's 12 actually) but at certain times of day you could be waiting (also in the cold) thirty minutes for a train, depending on what time you get to the station.

You also have to buy a ticket and depending on queues could miss the train even if you happened to arrive when there was one due.

You then have to walk home in the cold from ED station.

As you say, each to their own :)

I used to use the train quite a bit, but after a few hideous journeys from ED in the rush hour plus some hideous encounters with the man in the ticket office plus a run of cancelled trains, I now go out of my way not to use it these days ......

Yes, it is indeed nice to be dropped off near your house on a dark dark night...

When the buses *work* I think the door-to-door journey time isn't much more than by train once you have factored in getting to and from the station at either end and any associated faffage like ticket-buying.

Sadly they don't seem to work quite so well these days :(

Sue, with your folksy roots, I think you might be the legend of zelda. If so I would like to play you with a wii.

To my earlier point about buses definitely being worse, I must confess, this is pure anecdotal evidence. Much like Sean, and others on here, I have spent much longer waiting for my buses of late - if it were just on my way into town (routes 12, 63, 363) I might say roadworks. But s'more than that - I take buses all over, I like to look out of the window, I'm lazy and like to walk as short a distance as possible- and this has been going on for minimum a couple of months, here (in ED and Camberwell environs), at Elephant (in both directions) and in town.

Anecdotal, and as I've said earlier, might be coincidence. But you deniers out there are clearly an albino conspiracy. How can you be any more sure that it isn't than it is?

I seem to see 'gangs' or convoys of almost empty buses, cluttering up the place when they are least needed, and none to be found when we most desire them.

Some things never change.

Perhaps if the driver received a percentage of the days takings of his bus, it would result in rather less convoys.

RosieH Wrote:

> Sue, with your folksy roots, I think you might be

> the legend of zelda. If so I would like to play

> you with a wii.

>

> xxxxxxxx

Eh? I just googled zelda and it says something about evil darkness. Thanks.

And Nyge, oops I mean Flapjackdavy, had to explain to me the other day what a wii was.

:))

But back to buses or yet again my post will be zapped.

Yes - they're crap of late. I feel another email to Tessa Jowell coming on. Not that any of them have ever seemed to have any effect whatsoever, sending them just makes me feel better :))

The constituent from hell, that's me :))

Sorry for tangental posting there - legend of zelda was always one of my favourite games on nintendo - like it a lot, much fun and you can play tunes on the ocarina of time. Wasn't meant to refer to evil darknesss, many apologies!

Yes, buses bad.

Sue Wrote:

> As you say, each to their own :)

Yeah, whatever works best for you really. The service leaves a lot to be desired, without doubt.

I was just surprised that someone was getting a bus from near London Bridge back to East Dulwich. Although the train is pretty inconvenient after 8pm.

Sue describes exactly why I gave up on the trains about a year after moving to ED - even now, if I'm near London Bridge station I think "ugh... queue at one of 2 working ticket machines for ages, wait at a platform for 10 minutes and then".. well trudging back from ED station is no longer an issue but the reality is my miindset has completely embraced buses, even when I'm standing on London Bridge itself for 20 minutes in biting wind.