Palestinian PR

steveo

2 interesting musings on the context

Firstly that there are no strategies, merely ill thought out tactics that fall into the hands of both main actors in the conflict (not, obviously either of the peoples)

http://politicalviolenceataglance.org/2014/07/31/israel-and-hamas-are-both-just-winging-it/

and echoing my own sentiment, that constantly fudging it keeps a status quo of a de-facto greater Israel without the political dangers of making that explicit; managed conflict being the acceptable cost of said strategy.

http://politicalviolenceataglance.org/2014/08/05/israels-strategic-goal/

Comrades of Southwark!!! National demonstration for Gaza tomorrow (Saturday) 12 noon Portland Place.

Those who support Israel in this conflict will one day look back in shame and embarrassment.

The Israeli state does not speak for Jews or have any legitimate excuse for its crimes. The 'democracy' of Israel can't even treat African refugees with solidarity and decency, Netanyahu calls them 'infiltrators' ( http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/06/israel-refugees-protest-sudan ). This state evidently has no humanity, neither do most of its supporters (the rest of them are just fooled by the glossy but utterly transparent PR). Plenty of Jews do have humanity, many will march tomorrow.

'They started it' - BS

'They're using civilians as human shields' - BS

'Supporting Gaza is anti-Semitic' - BS

'You can't take sides in a war if you want peace' - BS. This is about taking the side of the oppressed vs. the oppressor, not taking sides in a war. Those who ask for 'balance' are obfuscating/ in denial.

What was your reaction when Hamas started firing rockets again first thing this morning? And when they said they're in for a long war?

My heart sank, because Israel have shown they#ll batter civilians, which is wrong. But Hamas really really really don't seem to give a shit about Gaza either.

hans Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is about taking the side of the oppressed vs. the oppressor, not taking sides in a war.

That's about the best piece of doublespeak I've seen in a while.

...the qusetion I ask myself, quite often, is how many people who voted for Blair...and to some extent Brown, after the invasion of Iraq are taking some kind of warped moral high ground on this?

How many families broken apart there?

How many kids dead there?

How many civilains dead?

What did the Iraqui's have to fight back with?

Long hard look in the mirror....but not holding my breathe

obviously i didn't vote for either and knew them to be morally bankrupt waaaaay before iraq invasion, but how do you explain that hamas would almost certainly win a vote now?

War isn't an ignored side issue in the face of disingenuous promises about spending money you don't have, the situation, IS the issue.

Maybe the netanyahu gov't is worth sticking up for, if this was the political dialogue in this country then steve and lawrence would be happy?