Is Nunhead up and coming?

since mumtaz shut down the place has never been the same ... for all those lovers of local stores on this forum that was the post office i shall never forget.

i lived in nunhead for about 2 years last century (quite literally), in the bad old days of the P3. for all those who don't remember the P3 you are lucky. it was the bus spotted that graced its' route so rarely there were near riots in elephant when trying to get on. i felt cut off and in the middle of nowhere. i have never really liked nunhead since. when we bought over a year ago i decided to max out on the mortgage and not have to deal with living there again. that said east dulwich was still affordable, just.

sorry but i really just don't like the place. however, did you know that it is london's smallest post code district...

yes it is, also it is due to have a bellenden regeneration - smarten up the main drag of shops. I reckon it is a good bet, however the bellenden area is still excellent value and very close to transport and LL. Trouble is, they are all 3 bed terraces (that's why we have just reluctanctly moved from there)could always get a lovely loft converstion....

Nunhead is a great place. Get involved locally and then you won't have to worry whether it's OK to live here or not. Go to one of the Nunhead Forum, Nunhead Residents Association, Commununity Forum meetings or start something of your own. Lots of things are happening here, and in September there will be another Arts week. Remember, Nunhead appeared in TimeOut recently!

Where is Waverley gym please?

Also, re house prices. Be aware that many informed observers are predicitng a housing crash within the next two years. And please don't tell me that they have always been saying that because they haven't. Just something to ponder.

I think Nunhead will rise in terms of popularity if some money was put into regenerating the shopping area and this would need better parking in the eighties the area had a strong community feel but the ara lost many of its focal points due to underfunding by the council however it has potential with some right sensible planning.