gsirett Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

In 2011, the FS sector contributed

> nearly 10% to this country's GVA; between

> 2005-11, the FS sector contributed 122 BILLION in

> tax revenues to the exchequer[1]

>

>

> In hard times, we always look to blame others.

>

>

> [1] (source

> https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&

> source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDYQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww

> .parliament.uk%2Fbriefing-papers%2Fsn06193.pdf&ei=

> EMvDU7zvGIXW0QXm74DYBA&usg=AFQjCNEZiCnQQfOfYGl83B2

> 2ondDPz4_iw&sig2=8kaKBJxLk5eE8Nvt5mS_6g)

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> It's not getting harder for everyone, the top 10%

> have seen an average increase of 12% on already

> unequal income.

>

> http://news.sky.com/story/1019820/executive-pay-uk

> s-top-bosses-see-12-percent-rise

That story doesn't say the top 10% of people have had a 12% increase in income. The story says the CEOs of the FTSE 100 companies (so 100 people) have seen a 12% increase in income.

This is not a new observavtion, but you have fuck all troll craft skillzzzzz - can you give us an outline of what your one dimensional comedy charachter is supposed to be ? you are really not coming across as a member of the Dulwich tea set.

• 2 weeks later...

LadyDeliah Wrote:

> It's not getting harder for everyone, the top 10%

> have seen an average increase of 12% on already

> unequal income.

>

> s-top-bosses-see-12-percent-rise

From the BBC

The household at the 90th percentile (that's the one for which only 10% of households have a higher income) has seen its income fall by about ?60 a week. At the other end of the spectrum, the household at the 10th percentile has seen a ?2 per week increase....

???? Wrote:

> LadyDeliah Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > It's not getting harder for everyone, the top

> 10%

> > have seen an average increase of 12% on already

> > unequal income.

> >

> >

>

> > s-top-bosses-see-12-percent-rise

>

> From the BBC

>

> The household at the 90th percentile (that's the

> one for which only 10% of households have a higher

> income) has seen its income fall by about ?60 a

> week. At the other end of the spectrum, the

> household at the 10th percentile has seen a ?2 per

> week increase....

Source please quids.

But anecdotally and logically - the top 10% contains all of those that tax rate went up from 40 to 45% and all those families that lost Child Benefit. Not making a political point - I think that both of those measures were OKayish in the circumstances, but I think you're confusing the super-rich and PLC board members/CEs with the top 10% when there are big differences. Clearly the top 10% still earn far more than the bottom 10% by a massive margin....but the vast majority of them (the top 10%) haven't got richer in income terms.

My main beef is with the top 1% anyway. The corporate heads who've made a killing from the decreased overheads as a result of things like workfare, reduced labour costs overall due to employment instabity and an increase in unemployed people willing to accept anything just to get a job.

Many have hoovered up businesses that have gone bust and when they bother to actually pay tax, regular corporation tax is only 20% with tax on dividends only 10%.

The number of millionaires has dramatically increased too, so I still think that there is all-in-this-together shite.

Sources are from all over the past and tucked away in the back of my head, but I'll post any I come accords (which I do fairly frequently).