Employer provided Creche?

Hello,

I am researching the possibility of the company I work for providing and operating a creche for employee's children. If anyone either works for, or knows of any companies that do this, I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks,

Jemma

BBC used to but closed it down around 8 years ago because it couldn't benefit the number of people who wanted to use it so they felt it was an unfair advantage for a privileged few. They switched to childcare vouchers instead justifying the closure by the fact the vouchers could benefit everyone.

Returning to work with onsite childcare was wonderful though - I could feed my baby at lunchtimes and the return to work overall was much easier and more practical.

We have a workplace nursery. It's run by Bright Horizons, but based in our office building. Apart from the obvious plus points of having a nursery at work, it also works out cheaper because my employer offers a salary sacrifice scheme, where nursery fees are deducted from your salary *before* tax. I have two children in nursery, so that really helps soften the financial blow.

When I worked for ILEA I used their nursery for my youngest. Fees were on a sliding scale and set at a percentage of gross monthly income. The first nursery was at County Hall and she went there from 4 months to about a year. I then transferred her over to the Bellenden Old School one, as not only could hubby pick her up, it gave me a chance to apply for promotion and I worked in Tower Hamlets. Both excellent, well used, long waiting lists. Took a variety of ages and income brackets. Daughter left rising 5 years to start school