paid gaming research for boys 10-11yrs

saraoscr

We still have a few spaces left for boys going into year 6 this September. Sessions take place this Weds in Covent garden. Start times depend on which games the boys own/play.

We are looking for confident boys who are doing 'very well' at school

?25 Toys r us vouchers plus ?25 cash for chaperone. Kids small discussion group 75min max

Please contact me for more details/to complete a short screener

Thanks! Sara

numbers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Why is it aimed at just boys anyway?

I don't think it's too controversial to suggest that boys and girls tend to prefer different types of games... is it? Girls don't tend to be so interested in shooting/fighting/spaceship type games, do they?

Boys failing at School + Gaming. Ask any teacher off the record their view

Both my boys (10 & 13) are aware/dismissive of "the gamers" who fall into this sub group

Researchers need to find ones who aren't in that group poss and are "doing well" (good luck)

If you're an adult gamer, this not designed as a swipe at you, but it's an issue of sorts in School

its maddening when people delete their posts seconds after posting!!! (waves to Woody)

what did you say Loz?!

Jeremy, no its not controversial at all to suggest that boys & girls prefer different types of games. There was nothing to suggest that the gaming research mentioned was of the shoot-em-up kind tho. I just don't like it when its assumed that things are 'for girls' or 'for boys'. I am not really into computer games these days but I quite liked space invaders back in the 80s or whenever they were invented!