Mobile reception in Dulwich Village

eater81

Mr Eater, surely you are aware that mobile phones are a manifestation of this big brother society? They can track your every move... record all of your phone calls and messages... it's all part of the conspiracy. You should be glad you can't get reception!

I live in Dekker Road (parallel with Calton Ave) and have two mobiles with different providers (one for work) and reception on both is impossible inside the house; I have to go outside into the street to take calls. Used to live in another road nearby that was a bit further up the hill where reception was marginally better, so I assume it has something to do with the village being in a valley.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Mr Eater, surely you are aware that mobile phones

> are a manifestation of this big brother society?

> They can track your every move... record all of

> your phone calls and messages... it's all part of

> the conspiracy. You should be glad you can't get

> reception!

Shit! Didn't think of that one. I can't live without my phone though, so I reckon that if I ditch the contract and get a anonymous pay as you go sim card I should be safe from the opressors.

I think Jah Lush's hills argument sums it up. There are base stations within less than a mile of the village, so distance should not be a problem. Its those flaming hills that are the issue.

What Dulwich village needs is a base station to call its own, best place would be at the Calton Ave / Turkey road crossroads. I shall make it my priority to arrange for one to be errected.

eater81 Wrote:

> What Dulwich village needs is a base station to

> call its own, best place would be at the Calton

> Ave / Turkey road crossroads. I shall make it my

> priority to arrange for one to be errected.

New steeple for St Barnabas perhaps?

• 8 years later...