Peckham Rye to Victoria

Hi Chauveau, there was a broken rail at Lewisham and this has led to services being temporarily altered for about 4 weeks, I think your train may have been temporarily rescheduled and rerouted rather than cancelled; it's worth checking at the ticket office. For those of you who travel south eg to Beckenham, you'll need to change at Lewisham for the next four weeks.

Renata

Is it just me or have the trains in this part of town just broken. The published timetables appear to be a extravagant work of fiction, especially those running into London Bridge. I would replace them with a picture of a hunched over business man, clutching a P45 and weeping. It would be more representative of reality.

As London Bridge is being rebuilt, it's understandable that services are somewhat erratic.

This London Reconnections article explains the situation (specifically the section on 'Platform Capacity' and 'In September the pain started to be felt') and suggests it will be continuing for some time to come until the Thameslink work is completed:

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2014/study-sussex-part-6-approaches-london-bridge/

Sweptwind Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This London Reconnections article explains the

> situation (specifically the section on 'Platform

> Capacity' and 'In September the pain started to be

> felt') and suggests it will be continuing for

> some time to come until the Thameslink work is

> completed:

>

> http://www.londonreconnections.com/2014/study-suss

> ex-part-6-approaches-london-bridge/

Fascinating article, thanks for sharing the link.