Gypsy woman stealing things in dulwich watch out

meg_meg

Doodle1 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's a forum..for adults.

Terms of use

"This forum is intended to be for use by people who live in, drive through, have an interest in or just want more information about London's East Dulwich. Everyone who uses this forum is free to post their thoughts, requests, recommendations, rants, wants, needs, desires, questions and more on here without unnecessary obstruction therefore we, the people who set up this forum, are not responsible for other people's writings."

At no point does it say that you have to be an adult.

Doodle1, I'd like you to answer the following questions

Full name

Bank details

NI Number

Mother's maiden name

Until I have all of this information I will not be able to read your posts and answer them in a manner that is appropriate.

Otta Wrote:

> Good post. It seemed obvious to me that she was a

> young person (wouldn't have guessed as young as

> 13, but maybe later teens), and that the word

> Gypsy wasn't meant in any nasty / racist way.

>

> Some people on here just like to jump on stuff

> like that in order to show how right on they are.

>

> Hope her phone turns up, or that she keeps a

> closer eye on the one Santa brings her ;-)

No one called the OP nasty or racist. They questioned the fact that she had jumped to what seemed a pretty random conclusion about the perpetrator, based on the events as she'd described them. Whether she's 13 or not (and it wasn't obvious that this was a kid posting), that's still a fair thing to point out.

Also, how do you jump from a 13 year old using a computer at night, to a 13 year old then getting their coats on and calling to their parents "I'm just popping out to meet some stranger that might have my phone", and the parents just going "alright then love, pick me up 20 fags and a can of special brew on your way back will you?".

rahrahrah Wrote:

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Good post. It seemed obvious to me that she was

> a

> > young person (wouldn't have guessed as young as

> > 13, but maybe later teens), and that the word

> > Gypsy wasn't meant in any nasty / racist way.

> >

> > Some people on here just like to jump on stuff

> > like that in order to show how right on they

> are.

> >

> > Hope her phone turns up, or that she keeps a

> > closer eye on the one Santa brings her ;-)

>

>

> No one called the OP nasty or racist. They

> questioned the fact that she had jumped to what

> seemed a pretty random conclusion about the

> perpetrator, based on the events as she'd

> described them. Whether she's 13 or not (and it

> wasn't obvious that this was a kid posting),

> that's still a fair thing to point out.

Oh come on, "I'd like to know what you mean by Gypsy". Blatantly a set up for some holier than thou nonsense. I wasn't talking about you though.

And TO ME it aseemed obvious it was a young person, I'd have guessed 16 - 18 years old.

I agree with you if we're talking facebook and stuff. But I think this forum is a bit different.

Your post just came over a bit sanctimonious and sounded like you were disapproving of someone's parenting. You need to tread very carefully with that sort of thing because people will understandably get pretty defensive.

Aaaaaaaanyway, no harm done.

Come on! leave this poor Meg meg alone.... you are not going to judge her education now!!have you never been a teenager, and have you always been perfect in your way to express yourself as a young person!

for sure she'll remember the experience of using a forum... good job!

Some of the omnipresent EDF users who can be read in most of the thread of this forum's section, are often sooooooooooooo mean themselves,accusing most of the time other users to be! how narrow minded to not accept others point of view /way to speak/ others aspiration for the area from local people...

Just hope you don't do it on purpose to make appeared this forum more and more tyrannical every month...

Such a shame as it was a very usefull and good spirits place to have efficient informations on the area...it has heped me to settle in this country/area when I arrived 4 yrs ago...now I feel it just good for selling/buying things (if you writte the appropriate post!)

I'll be very probably verbally attacked right now, but please yourself... or not... I'll not reply anyway.

A spontaneous though from an bored but loyal and occasionnal EDF user.

Some ridiculous comments here from some people who clearly have nothing better to do and nit-pick and try ?put people in their place?!

You do not have to be an adult in this forum (indeed she is probably more mature than people three times her age over here), 11.30 for a 13 year old to be awake and using a forum of this sort is not a problem (she is not 8 using an adult forum) and the terms Gypsy was a) used by the person who saw the culprit as a description and b) although slightly politically incorrect is not offensive as far as I know (I know of some gypsies who refer to themselves as gypsies and do not bat an eyelid at the term). It is very very different from some of the other racial slurs used against other minorities.

Otta Wrote:

> Oh come on, "I'd like to know what you mean by

> Gypsy". Blatantly a set up for some holier than

> thou nonsense. I wasn't talking about you though.

In the context of troll activity the forum experiences, and that the OP had just registered (classic troll behaviour), I don't think it was unreasonable to question the use of 'Gypsy'. In my youth Gypsy or 'gypo' was often a derogatory term...

Yeah okay, fair enough that people MAY have thought it was a troll thing, but that's not the impression I got.

And for those that question why I thought it was obvious that the OP was young, I give you her opening line.

"I was out with my friends today in goose green playground when i dropped my phone,"

Way too many sanctimonious people on this forum. Give the kid a break for having the guts to come on here and try to resolve the matter themselves firstly, and secondly the parent for coming out and explaining the situation to us all after. EDF guardianista getting on their high horse with confused priorities, yet again.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Way too many sanctimonious people on this forum.

> Give the kid a break for having the guts to come

> on here and try to resolve the matter themselves

> firstly, and secondly the parent for coming out

> and explaining the situation to us all after. EDF

> guardianista getting on their high horse with

> confused priorities, yet again.

>

> Louisa.

Well said Louisa..

I would hate to be on trial for something I had not done with certain Formites as the Jury..

Good Heavens. Would not stand a chance.

Foxy

Indeed Foxy. If would be guilty until proven innocent. Kept in a small cell on goose green. Forced to read the Guardian and eat organic sourdough pizza. Sneered at by women sporting cath kidston bags and men wearing barber jackets. Hideous.

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Indeed Foxy. If would be guilty until proven

> innocent. Kept in a small cell on goose green.

> Forced to read the Guardian and eat organic

> sourdough pizza. Sneered at by women sporting cath

> kidston bags and men wearing barber jackets.

> Hideous.

>

> Louisa.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing025.gif

Doodle1 Wrote:

> I don't think it's wise for a13 year old to use

> social media in this manner.

> She could have stated that she was 13. She was

> also replying to posts at 11.31 PM...

> Personally I think a 13 year should be asleep or

> at the very least not be on a computer..

> What would have happened if someone had posted " I

> have your phone please meet me to collect it"

> The parents should take responsibility and

> apologise to other forum users for allowing their

> 13 year old to use the forum in this manner.

I'm sorry Doodle1 but we are living in 2014- And I think it was jolly inspired of the 13 year old in question to post on here In the hope of finding her phone and also warning others.

Get off your high horse and grow up!

FFS. Someone loses their phone and concludes that it's been stolen by a gypsy based on some fairly random associations.... yes, people are going to question their conclusions. To claim that this is unreasonable, let alone abusive to the OP is nonsense (the comments relating to parenting etc. which came later aside).

It may have been 'obvious' to some that the OP was 13, but I have to say that it wasn't to me.

How ironic that people jump in to make accusations of smugness and sanctimony.

Louisa Wrote:

> Indeed Foxy. If would be guilty until proven

> innocent. Kept in a small cell on goose green.

> Forced to read the Guardian and eat organic

> sourdough pizza. Sneered at by women sporting cath

> kidston bags and men wearing barber jackets.

> Hideous.

>

> Louisa.

Yes, the characters described by your judgemental stereotype are so judgemental :-)

rahrahrah Wrote:

>

> Yes, the characters described by your judgemental

> stereotype are so judgemental :-)

Talking of jumping to the use of stereotypes, isn't it a shame that the usual suspects on here resort to questioning someone about one aspect or turn of phrase from a post rather talking about the loss of the phone, which immediately stereotypes that poster as being x y or z. Forget the fact the poor person potentially had their phone half inched, the guardianista seems more concerned about the alleged perpetrator being referred to in a negative and more than likely accidental turn of phrase. As I said, priorities :)

Louisa.

I'm totally confused as to who the usual suspects are.

Half the time I think people are talking about me, half the time I think it can't be me because I said the exact opposite to what they have a problem with.

And quite often the people that say "usual suspects" are in fact "usual suspects".

Otta I'm not referring to you here. And yes, when it comes to class I am one of the "usual suspects". But on this one, I'm just saying the "usual suspects" (when it comes to looking for something offensive or picking holes in an off-topic aspect of a post) should give the OP a break and put just as much effort into helping/comforting the individual rather than questioning every word in the post which they find offensive and looking for an excuse to accuse the poor person of bigotry.

Louisa.